Gui Not Showing Up In Windows 10 X64 With Total Security 2016

I'm having some trouble with getting the Bitdefender Total Security 2016 GUI to show up. Trying to double-click the icon in the tray, right-click it and hitting Show, left-clicking the desktop widget, but a busy mouse-icon appears.. and then nothing shows up, at all. What does happen is that every time I try to get the GUI on-screen by pressing Show from the tray, another instance of Bitdefender Main Interface shows up in Task Manager's Background processes. Have tried reinstalling Bitdefender twice, and after reinstalling, the GUI does show up, but only until the next computer restart, when the issue presents itself again. What should I do? Running Windows 10 x64 Pro and Bit Build version is 20.0.26.1418 (pulled from About Box from the tray.. that seems to work)

Comments

• double-click the icon in the tray, right-click it and hitting Show, left-clicking the desktop widget, but a busy mouse-icon appears.. nothing shows up, at all. another instance of Bitdefender Main Interface shows up in Task Manager's Background processes.

I'm having the same problem in Windows 7 x64 with Internet Security 2016. But slightly different in effect... I can open the UI just fine several times a day for days and then not. I have to restart the system in order to open the UI again, OK for a while, then not.

Unlike myriadove, tho, I do not see mouse icon activity but I never checked for instances of Bitdefender Main Interface (seccenter.exe) in Task Manager. I'll have to do that the next time the UI fails to open.

Something went wrong with the UI and I think it happened with 20.0.26.1418 and I've had to restart my system three times since that update.

• Opened a new topic: UI Closes, seccenter does not - UI broken.

I didn't mean to go off topic for this Windows 10 thread - just to point out as well another issue with seccenter.exe.

• i`ve the same isssue :/

• I'm guessing the window (for bdagent.exe) is there, but off screen. WinLister will tell you:

post-200650-0-94659000-1460175549_thumb.png

I use a utility called WindowManager because issues like this--on top of issues native to Windows 10 itself--drove me to the brink of insanity. I'm not suggesting anyone spend $10 USD on a utility to work around a Bitdefender bug. There are free alternatives like AutoSizer. Again, I know this is just a workaround and a hassle, if I'm even right about the window appearing off-screen.

• Are there any updates with the current situation? Has someone looked over this?

• I had the same problom in windows 10 on a laptop which has a dedicated nvidia graphic board with a intel I7 procesor. When i set up in nvidia control panel on global settings to use exclusive the dedicated graphic board some programs stopped displaying (BitDefender, stickynotes). 

I changed the settings on individual programs to run on integrated graphics and all went well.

Nvidia settings.png

• Hi /index.php?/profile/209935-vykthor/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="209935" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/209935-vykthor/" rel="">@vykthor  default_happy.png are you currently using the bitdefender 2016? It might the new update on 2017 fix the issue? Are you currently on the windows anniversary build?