Bitdefender security 2017 temporary turn off

hassie54
edited December 2016 in Protection

How can i Bitdefender security temporary turn off?

Comments

• I would like to know this too...

• Diazruanova
    edited December 2016

As far as I know,  you have to start your PC in "SAFE" mode first and once you are already there, you have to open msconfig.exe. Select the "Services" tab and there, and only then, you will have the possibility to UN-tick the BitDefender services. Re start again in the normal way (not safe) and BD will be "turned OFF"  When you want to "turn ON" BD again, simply reverse the procedure.

The problem is that you are not able to stop BD services because of the "auto" protection feature IF you are on the NORMAL state (not safe) of Windows OS.

BD services.jpg

• you can also go to "view modules" from protection mode then select the settings gear beside antivirus and turn off on access scanning and active threat control.

• 21 hours ago, gotogordon said:

you can also go to "view modules" from protection mode then select the settings gear beside antivirus and turn off on access scanning and active threat control.

Oh yeah. This is what I needed. It was obvious...

• On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, gotogordon said:

you can also go to "view modules" from protection mode then select the settings gear beside antivirus and turn off on access scanning and active threat control.

sometimes that's not enough when trying to install SW you will still get blocked, you will need to do as described above in safe mode.

• On 12/30/2016 at 11:04 AM, daman1 said:

sometimes that's not enough when trying to install SW you will still get blocked, you will need to do as described above in safe mode.

agreed

• The procedure is pretty much the same, just with a little different clicking and ticking path. Bitdefender cannot be totally shut down, as this is a self-protect feature within itself.

• Open the BD main UI

• Go to the Protection Panel and click to open.

• Click on Antivirus tab with the settings "gear".

• Turn off the On-access scanning option for the amount of time you think you'll need (you can always manually turn it back on)

or 

• Have you thought about disabling Bitdefender at start-up? Go to the start-up tab (from task manager in Win 8 and run msconfig in Win 7) and disable Bitdefender. Restart your computer. When done, re-enable Bitdefender startup and reboot again.

or

Uninstall the software and reinstall after everything was done. Good luck.

• Under Win10, what happens if you go into Task Manager | Startup and disable Bitdefender Agent?

• Due to the security process I don't think that it will work because I tried to disable it and somehow I got an error message. 

Much better if we temporary disable it through the modules itself. default_happy.png