Startup Scans

I'm a new user of Antivirus Plus 2017.

Does the program scan anything at startup without my setting at it to or do I have to set a quick, full or custom scan to run at startup? And if a scan does run at startup without my setting a quick, full or custom scan, what is scanned, especially compared to the quick scan?

Thanks for help on this.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited May 2017

Hello,

The product has a feature called Early Boot Scan that scans all services and startup items.

While the AutoPilot module is on the product will scan any accessed files and active applications.

More details here.

• Sorin G - You've confused me.  Reading your last sentence literally it seems you are saying that if AutoPilot is off, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 will NOT scan accessed files and active applications?

With AutoPilot off (I prefer to have control and see what's going on), my main window shows stats for apps, files and the web. Are these only protected when AutoPilot is on? That would be strange.

• Antivirus Plus 2017 is by default set to Autopilot. While on Autopilot, it makes all security related decisions for you and you don't have to configure any settings. 

• Hi ellentk,

While on Autopilot, Bitdefender applies an optimal security configuration and takes all security-related decisions for you. This means you will see no pop-ups, no alerts and you will not have to configure any settings whatsoever.

In Autopilot mode, Bitdefender automatically fixes critical issues, enables and quietly manages:

● Antivirus protection, provided by on-access scanning and continuous scanning.

● Firewall protection.

● Web Protection.

● Automatic updates.

While the Autopilot is on, modifying any of the settings it manages will result in it being turned off.

Cheers! default_happy.png