Some enlightment about the Firewall Advanced Rules

Hello,

Currently, I need to open ports in order to play Ghost Recon Wild-lands. As advised by my router's manufacturer, I need to set a rule besides the port forwarding on my router. I'd like to avoid to totally disable my Firewall.

I need to open the following ports for GRW.exe, and possibly Uplay.exe :

• TCP: 80,443,14000,14008,14020-14024

• UDP: 3074-3083

My problem :

I have trouble understanding what Custom Local Address and Custom Remote Address mean.

• Is Custom Local Address supposed to be my Gateway's (router) IP or my PC's IP ?

• Is Custom Remote Address supposed to be my Gateway's IP or my Public Internet IP ?

Also, how come Custom Local Address only accepts a single port

I'd really appreciate if you'd be explicit about it. :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello CREAM.

The way I understand it is that custom local address is your PC`s IP, and Custom remote address is your Public IP, but don`t take me for granted.

Also you can find quick walkthrough on how to open ports in bitdefender firewall on this link:
    https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-open-ports-in-bitdefender

Hope you find it helpful.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

• Hi,

To address your concern, please refer to the details below:

Custom Remote Address - Specify the remote IP address and port the rule applies to.

Custom Local Address - Specify the local IP address and port the rule applies to.

Direction - Select from the menu the traffic direction the rule applies to.

Protocol - Select from the menu the IP protocol the rule applies to.

Furthermore, custom local address accepts multiple ports as far as I know.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! default_happy.png

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.