Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Fixed] VSSERV service keeps stopping/crashing

Options
13»

Comments

• Ughh, I'm another user having the same problem. E-mailing Bitdefender to release a fix. They want my logs etc. I was happy to provide them, but if they know what is going on, I wish they would just be honest and tell us when a fix is coming (if at all.) Otherwise I'm switching back to ESET. 

MAscooby, thank you for the temporary fix! It seems to be working great! However, when the task does run, the Powershell window does open when it has to run. Anyway to hide this? I do have the "hidden" box checked on the task scheduler... 

• MAscooby
    edited July 2017
    Options

47 minutes ago, AntiTrust1 said:

MAscooby, thank you for the temporary fix! It seems to be working great! However, when the task does run, the Powershell window does open when it has to run. Anyway to hide this? I do have the "hidden" box checked on the task scheduler... 

I haven't had a chance to play with this or try it out but...

You might be able to do it by creating a shortcut that calls the PowerShell ******, and then set the shortcut "Run" drop-down to "Minimized".

So the "Start a program" action in the Task Scheduler calls the shortcut, the shortcut calls the PowerShell ****** by setting the shortcut Target to:

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe  -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "C:\Scripts\Restart_VSSERV.ps1"

EDIT: You might run into some permissions strangeness with this approach... Like I said, I haven't played with it yet. 

• SupraTT
    Options

I have been having this problem as well, but managed to fix it today. I was running BD Total Security 2017 and ran the BitDefender uninstall tool to remove it completely. I then logged in to Bitdefender Central and reinstalled it, only this time it installed Total Security 2018 (rather than 2017) and all my problems disappeared.

• VSSERV.exe no longer crashes;

• I can transcode x265 HEVC files and watch them on my AppleTV 3 via PlexConnect without crashing BD;

• Also, whenever I used to pause or rewind when watching a HEVC file on the ATV3, this would cause all sorts of problems and would usually result in the "SETTINGS + SHARING" screen (no other icons, loss of connection to DNS, crashed VSSERV.exe) meaning I would have to reboot the Windows machine running PMS. All these issues have now been resolved and things are running flawlessly.

FYI - The new version of BD which fixed the issues for me is Total Security 2018 Build 22.0.8.114

• narf
    edited July 2017
    Options

You beat me to it . After following up on my trouble report I received this reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

We are writing to inform you that the fix for the crash you report was fixed in the new Bitdefender 2018. Please uninstall the current Bitdefender 2017 and then download a fresh kit from Central ( https://central.bitdefender.com/ > section My Devices). Use the new kit to install and upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2018.

We understand that this situation took a long time to solve and we appreciate your patience. To compensate for the inconvenience we are extending the validity of your Bitdefender subscription with 6 months.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Cordially,

Update to 2018, looks like it's fixed. 

• EXCELLENT News! I was seriously looking into Kaspersky tonight, and I thought "let me go check the forum to see if there's been an update. If there hasn't been, I'll switch to Kaspersky." 

Glad this is fixed! Staying with Bitdefender. 

• Glad to see it's fixed!  To bad we don't all get a extra 6 months since it's been ongoing for as long as I had the software and I've had it for about 7 now.  Was about to replace it with Eset again.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The issue has been resolved in the latest version of Bitdefender 2018

/index.php?/topic/76623-how-to-upgrade-to-2018/&do=embed">

This discussion has been closed.