Cannot Access Sites and more


I removed Total Security 2017 with the removal tool and went to Bitdefender Central and downloaded TS 2018. All was fine, then all of a sudden I could not load loads of websites. Skype, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud were offline too!


I pinged some sites (including ones that I could not access and they pinged OK. Also, accessing them on my cell worked fine. Google and YouTube were the only ones I could access. Chrome was allowed in the firewall and nothing was blocked. Same in the new Threat and Ransomeware modules. Other browsers were blocked too and I refreshed my Network adaptor and removed Googles DNS. Nothing solved the problem, even disabling the firewall and all the modules in BD TS 2018.


I removed Bitdefender 2018 and all was OK again. 


What would have caused this? Because I want to reinstall Bitdefender Total Security 2018, but I don't want this to happen again.


Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 16gb Ram.

Comments


  • Hey Micr0ft,


    I have the exact same problem.


    BD 17 worked just fine, upgraded to the 18 version. After while I can't acces any site anymore, exept the 1's you said.


    I talked a lot with BD chat support, but there was no answer, they sended a mail for techinical support with some logs ( 3 ) I needed to send.


    I did that and I'm waiting now for their answer. I think an update should be needed to fix this problem.


     


    My opinion what you should do, is also talk to BD chat support and ask them for the same mail, I had.


    these are the loggs they will ask.


    1. A Support Tool log;



    2. Autoruns log



    3. Connectivity log



     



    The more people have the same problem and send them the info about it, the sooner it will get fixed.



    Sorry I can't give you an answer, but I hope you will send them the loggs aswell because both of us want to have this fixxed asap =).



     



    Regards LineAge



     

  • I have the same issue and am currently chatting with tech support. They are going to send me the support tool. Same thing, that TS 2018 stops allowing me to access the internet after awhile.


     


  • Same issue here as well.  I will attempt to contact Support this evening after I return from work.


  • Same issue here. I have to disable every module and reboot to browse web pages. I will stop working randomly. Somehow blocking all web pages. 



  • 11 hours ago, dbrisendine said:



    Same issue here as well.  I will attempt to contact Support this evening after I return from work.



    Just wanted to update this thread; ran the Contact Support from the User Interface so will see what happens from those reports.  But what is curious now is that the issue seems to have stopped for now; I can access web sites and the local networks just fine and there is no hanging as of now.  Wonder if BitDefender updated something in the background since this morning ...... 


  • Hey dbrisendine,


    Ye same here for me, they have ran multiple of updates yesterday and even today.


    I don't have the problem anymore either.


     


  • The problem seems to have been solved, at this moment no problems anymore.


  • Hi All, sorry for the late reply. I didn't get any notifications<img class=" data-emoticon="" src="https://us.v-cdn.net/6031943/uploads/ipb_attachments/emoticons/default_angry.png" title=":angry:" />

     



    7 hours ago, greenstreet said:



    The problem seems to have been solved, at this moment no problems anymore.



    Nope, Happened to me again just now. I was downloading all of the free books from Microsoft and half way through, the same problem.


    /index.php?/profile/210239-lineage/&do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fforum.bitdefender.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F76632-cannot-access-sites-and-more%252F" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/210239-lineage/" style="color:#ad1457;" title="Go to LineAge's profile" rel="">LineAge Thanks, I might have to do that! I think it's to do with the Ransomeware/Threat Defence as well as Application Access modules as it blocked my OneDrive Folder. Application Access keeps blocking all of my running apps. It even blocked access to my desktop. This is rather troubling!



    16 hours ago, dbrisendine said:



    Just wanted to update this thread; ran the Contact Support from the User Interface so will see what happens from those reports.  But what is curious now is that the issue seems to have stopped for now; I can access web sites and the local networks just fine and there is no hanging as of now.  Wonder if BitDefender updated something in the background since this morning ...... 



    When I do an update, it actually knocks me offline too.


    I feel that Bitdefender Total Security was rather rushed and should have been tested for a little longer.


     

    2017-07-15_01-22-36.jpg

    2017-07-15_01-27-50.jpg


  • Same problem. Unfortunately, the only solution I have found thus far is to restart my laptop. Nothing else will restore my internet connection. This has only been happening since installation of TS 2018 a couple days ago, and is happening on my laptop and my Surface 3.


    Both run Win 10 Pro.


     


  • Had to remove BD TS2018 (there seems no way to go back to v2017 which worked fine) as I do malware removal with this laptop and must access the internet.  Have never heard back from support but it may have been their weekend when the report was sent to them via the Main Interface.


  • My ongoing issue is that every time I've installed Bitdefender, I've had problems.


    This time with a clean install of BTS 2018, many functions including the Anti Virus just stopped working in my Win 10 computer.


    For me, BD is just not worth the hassles, so back to my other alternatives.


    BD is off my systems for good.

  • Math_Matei
    Math_Matei Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017


    I have the same problem starting this morning.
    Until today, no problem with blocking the internet

    Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM


  • Search for Bitdefender 2017 offline download. You may need to install Bitdefender Agent first. I was able to find these files and then put 2017 back on my computer. All is working well again. I will wait awhile to install 2018. I told support that they should make 2017 available as well, given that 2018 is new and still buggy.


  • Same problem just happend again for me.


    Almost 2 days without the problem.


  • Same issue here, happens at random, twice today.


    Blocks all connections to internett, reboot fixes the problem temporarily.

  • chickenlittle
    edited July 2017


    The same thing happened to me on Bitdefender Internet Security 2018. The only solution right now is restart the computer in order to use internet.


    Also, auto pilot switch is automatically switch on every time i restart the computer/one on the while even thought i've switched off before.


    i am going back to 2017 version for now then...


  • It seems like Bitdefender has update their to product to a new build to fix some problems. Previous build was 22.0.8.114 and now is 22.0.8.118.


    Let's wait and see if the problems are fixed



  • 3 hours ago, chickenlittle said:



    The same thing happened to me on Bitdefender Internet Security 2018. The only solution right now is restart the computer in order to use internet.


    Also, auto pilot switch is automatically switch on every time i restart the computer/one on the while even thought i've switched off before.


    i am going back to 2017 version for now then...



    Yes! I forgot to mention that part about Autopilot turning it's self on again. I never use it as I like to stay in control of my own PC, so I turn it off. It starts again automatically. Same with a few other settings like setting Paranoid Mode. This resets and turns it's self off too. Also, BDTS 2018 states the following for the new Safe Files:


    "Each time an application will try to access one of the protected file, a Bitdefender pop-up is displayed.


    • choose which applications may change or delete your protected files


    NOTE: The Safe Files feature is enabled by default."


    I get no popups at all and I'm still being knocked offline multiple times a day disrupting crucial workflow.

    But, what annoys me the most. We pay for this product and it's not amongst the cheapest either and yet not one person from Bitdefender had replied to us via support or on this forum. I find that pretty disgusting!



  • 29 minutes ago, Micr0ft said:



    Yes! I forgot to mention that part about Autopilot turning it's self on again. I never use it as I like to stay in control of my own PC, so I turn it off. It starts again automatically. Same with a few other settings like setting Paranoid Mode. This resets and turns it's self off too. Also, BDTS 2018 states the following for the new Safe Files:


    "Each time an application will try to access one of the protected file, a Bitdefender pop-up is displayed.


    • choose which applications may change or delete your protected files


    NOTE: The Safe Files feature is enabled by default."


    I get no popups at all and I'm still being knocked offline multiple times a day disrupting crucial workflow.

    But, what annoys me the most. We pay for this product and it's not amongst the cheapest either and yet not one person from Bitdefender had replied to us via support or on this forum. I find that pretty disgusting!



    Did you try to update to the new build yet? I did and it's working fine for me for the past few hours whereas i have to restart my computer one in the while with previous build in order to use internet.


    It seems like every time bitdefender release a new product, we always have problems with it. So for me, i mostly wait for a few build update and then install on my work computers.


    For the support, i think they more focus on chat/call support than this community forums, so i would say contact support inside the bitdefender central.

  • Math_Matei
    Math_Matei Moderator ✭✭✭✭


    The problem seems to have been resolved.
    This problem of blocking the internet connection is manifested in Bitdefender build: 22.0.8.114.
    Technical support suggested me to go to the Control Panel, and there - double-click on BitDefender. Choose: Reinstall and the new build installed will be Bitdefender 22.0.8.118

    Snap8.png

    Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM



  • 6 hours ago, Matei M. said:



    The problem seems to have been resolved.
    This problem of blocking the internet connection is manifested in Bitdefender build: 22.0.8.114.
    Technical support suggested me to go to the Control Panel, and there - double-click on BitDefender. Choose: Reinstall and the new build installed will be Bitdefender 22.0.8.118


    Snap8.png



    Matei M., do you mean the Windows Control Panel? There's no Bitdefender icon in my Windows Control Panel (Win 10 Pro). Do you mean somewhere else, such as Bitdefender Central? I finally found my build and it is indeed Build 22.0.8.114. Where can I choose reinstall?


    Txs in advance for the help.


    mdp


  • bug testing :3

  • Math_Matei
    Math_Matei Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017


    39 minutes ago, mdp said:



    Matei M., adică Panoul de control Windows? Nu există nici o pictogramă de Bitdefender în Panoul de control Windows (Win 10 Pro). Vrei să spui în altă parte, cum ar fi Bitdefender Central? Am găsit în cele din urmă mi construi și este într-adevăr, Build 22.0.8.114. Unde pot alege reinstala?


    TXS in avans pentru ajutor.


    MDP



    Go to the Windows Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, and then double-click on Bitdefender Total Security (or Intenret Security ... depends on which version you have)
    In the displayed window, you choose Reinstall
    That's all!
    You will have build 22.0.8.118

    Success!

    Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM


  • I updated yesterday, but still, have issues!


    Also, when updating/repairing, Bitdefender states that it will keep all of your settings. It doesn't. I wish there was a simple way to export your Bitdefender settings. It's annoying having to reset all of the settings every time!

    2017-07-16_16-48-07.jpg



  • 5 hours ago, Matei M. said:



    Go to the Windows Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, and then double-click on Bitdefender Total Security (or Intenret Security ... depends on which version you have)
    In the displayed window, you choose Reinstall
    That's all!
    You will have build 22.0.8.118

    Success!



    Thank you, Matei M. I'm running 22.0.8.118 now. I saw Micr0ft's post however, so we'll see.


  • Have latest version (22.0.8.118) which seems to fix most of the network connection issues BUT it does seem to interfere with MS Apps Games.  So, this is much better but not 100% yet ....

  • khldk
    edited July 2017


    I have the exact same problem.


    To fix it i use this command in cmd (administrator priviligies): netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt


    But within 5-6 hours i have to do the same again. so it is really annoying.. 


     


     


    Edit: Where do i check which version i have?


  • The latest version (22.0.8.118) is also causing issues with vsserv.exe  and that damned Autopilot still keeps turning back on after I turned it off.


    Faulting application name: vsserv.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5956141a
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1378, time stamp: 0x594a1350
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000f8353
    Faulting process ID: 0x3a18
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2fe49ebbc5a83
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\vsserv.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: c7abdf5b-4ccc-4199-9ce0-d23d310733f7
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 


     


  • And today's new issue (this is getting ridiculous now):


    Services Not Responding and knocking me offline, AGAIN! 2018 wasn't beta tested enough.


     

    2017-07-17_17-14-27.jpg


  • Hey,


     


    I haven't installed it anymore, I wait untill the shitstorm has passed and go with the windows free 1 for the time :(


    Paid good money for it, but don't want to get stressed anymore and get dced out of my work and games


  • I still think the best solution at this time is to go back to the 2017 versions. You can't download it from Bitdefender's servers, but if you search for Bitdefender 2017 offline download, you can still find it. You may also need to search for and download Bitdefender Agent, and install that first.

  • LineAge
    edited July 2017


    Do you have a safe link?


  • Here are the official links to Bitdefender Total Security 2017 Offline Installers (from their own site):


    1. Download Bitdefender 2017 Total Security Offline Installer(64 bit-platform) OR

    2. Download Bitdefender 2017 Total Security Offline Installer(34 bit-platform)
  • pdeck
    pdeck
    edited July 2017


    3 hours ago, Micr0ft said:



    Here are the official links to Bitdefender Total Security 2017 Offline Installers (from their own site):


    1. Download Bitdefender 2017 Total Security Offline Installer(64 bit-platform) OR

    2. Download Bitdefender 2017 Total Security Offline Installer(34 bit-platform)


    And for Bitdefender Agent download (which you will likely need to install first, as you'll receive an error referencing it if it's not already installed), see this article:


    https://antivirusinsider.com/install-bitdefender-agent/


    This article may also help:


    https://antivirusinsider.com/install-bitdefender-2016-offline/


    It refers to BD 2016 and BD 2017, even though the link only mentions 2016.


  • For me, it appears that reinstalling with build 22.0.8.118 did the job. TS 2018 has been running for a few days and the problem appears to have disappeared. Txs to all of you who helped. I heard from Tech Support yesterday with the recommendation that I reinstall to the newest build, which was suggested a few days ago. Perhaps Tech Support should hire some of you! ;>) Anyway, txs!

  • Math_Matei
    Math_Matei Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017


    @ mdp:


    with pleasure

    Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM


  • Same problem is experienced by others here:

    /index.php?/topic/76782-internet-access-blocked-by-firewall/&do=embed">


     


  • /index.php?/profile/208408-joshybb/&do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fforum.bitdefender.com%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F76632-cannot-access-sites-and-more%252F%2526page%253D2%2526csrfKey%253Dfc5a88a080ebac1c94b512e30dc23f73" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/208408-joshybb/" style="color:#ad1457;" title="Go to JoshyBB's profile" rel="">JoshyBB So people are still having problems?


    I went back to 2017 because I was still having problems when everyone said it had been fixed. The issue for me was:


    • Blocked sites

    • Bitdefender services failing

    • Settings resetting (like Autopilot turning back on again)

    • Slow browsing using Chrome or any other browser

    • Bitdefender causing many crashes from other apps due to it blocking things it shouldn't (Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud and more) 

    • Other various problems


    Not had any issues whatsoever after rolling back to 2017. I'll probably stay with this until I see that 2018 is fixed for good.


  • Just a brief update from mid-July. Since updating to 22.0.8.118, I've not had any problem with the program prohibiting Internet access. However, I run it with Autopilot off (and it has stayed off for some time), I have turned off all profiles, and I do not use the Vulnerability module (just don't see the need for it). In this configuration it appears to be stable.


    By way of commending the program, it did catch a Trojan that came via a trusted friend's stolen email address.


     


     


  • I think .118 version is really buggy and not ready for public release.



  • 1 hour ago, JoshyBB said:



    I think .118 version is really buggy and not ready for public release.



    My thoughts exactly.