Bitdefender startup and Wallet startup is slow.

mitheshge
edited August 2017 in General

Few of the Bitdefender services startup properly. I checked with Task Manager that after my system start-up, the Bitdefender icon in my taskbar comes up very late. Almost 5 min after my desktop screen appears, the icon appears. Which includes Wallet. So once i go to Chrome, I click on wallet extension which is not loaded yet. It takes a lot of time for all the services to load.

Comments

• Hi,

I experience the same behavior.

I tried to start bdagent.exe manually via Autostart but then, Autopilot is enabling itself all the time.

We had the same behavior in the 2017 version too and this was fixed by an update.

Thanks

• Same issue. It takes several minutes for the tray icon and widget to appear, and wallet is not available until the tray icon appears. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

• I just did a repair install for BD, and that seems to have fixed the slow loading issues.

• Pdeck. I tried to repair it. Didn't work. I reinstalled and did a restart too. 

• I just timed my Bitdefender to see how long it was taking to load. It took 4 mins 40 seconds for the Bitdefender icon to appear in the "show hidden icons" part in my task bar. Then I get the "Bitdefender services are loading, please wait" message for another 17 mins before the widget loads, but when I hold my cursor over it, I get blue spinning disc (not responsive). Then it took another 7 mins to fully load Bitdefender. That's about 28 mins for it to finish loading from startup. Seems to be taking longer and longer each day I start up my system. Did a Bitdefender full system scan the other day & all good. Have recently optimized etc. Don't really want to uninstall/reinstall Bitdefender again (just did it not long ago). Apart from that any other suggestions?

• I have the same problem, i long wait for the bitdefender to turn on, ie its icon

• Hi, 

If you are affected by this issue, please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com so that we can investigate. Thank you!

• rafikiphoto
    edited April 2018

I am affected by this problem. Between 4 and 5 minutes for the tray icon to appear! I have sent an email as requested. Total Security 2018. Windows 10 64 bit.

• On 27/03/2018 at 4:59 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

If you are affected by this issue, please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com so that we can investigate. Thank you!

I sent an email a couple of days ago.