I need help disabling Safepay recommendations.

Hello,

I love the concept of Safepay and I'm sure I'll use it in the future. However, for now I'd like to disable Safepay from recommending me to use it every time I go to pay for something online. There are certain things I will use it for, but there are also certain things I won't use it for.

I searched the Bitdefender User Guide and found the following documentation detailing how to disable Safepay from recommending me to use it: Configuring settings

However, when I go to Settings in Bitdefender Total Security 2018 (like the documentation tells me to), I don't see any of the settings the documentation mentions in General Settings, or in Advanced Settings.

I have attached two screenshots that show exactly what I see when I go to General Settings and Advanced Settings.

If anyone could shed some light on this situation or point out where I'm going wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

BD_Advanced_Settings.png

BD_General_Settings.png

Comments

• Csaba Kovacs
    edited August 2017

1.jpg

2.png

3.png

• Thank you very much! :)

• "By default, Bitdefender detects when you navigate to an online banking site or online shop in any browser on your computer and prompts you to launch it in Bitdefender Safepay."

Does the BD 2018 safepay work with any browser?

• Does SafePay monitor any browser?  Yes, it should (2017 did so on my system but I only use Chrome now so I can say that v2018 SafePay does monitor Chrome).

Note that SafePay is a Chrome based browser that Bitdefender has locked down to only allow itself and the banking / purchasing sites access to.  Wallet does work very well with SafePay while Bitdefender (for security reasons it seems) locks other Password Tools out.

• Csaba Kovacs
    edited August 2017

It does not work chrome...:(

but thanks -

have a nice day