Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD2018 shows "Your device is at risk"

Options

I bought BD Total Security 2018 for 5 devices from their website this week.

Downloaded and installed on my Win 7 PC. All went smoothly unil it opened with w a big red notice "Your device is at risk" above the Update section.

I then downloaded and installed on my Win 10 PC.  It opened cleanly with no "At Risk" warning.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on the Win 7 PC: same result.

I raised a Support Ticket and followed all the suggestions from Support but nothing fixed the problem.

I have heard nothing from them today.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you found a fix?

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• In absence of any messages from BD Support,

I have uninstalled BD2018 and installed AVG Free for temporary cover

Chris

• ATJ
    Options

Hi

I have same problem with win7 64 bit (win10 runs fine) Total 2018. Advanced threat detection does not start no matter what I have tried. I opened support case and they told that I have AVG installed. Actually it was  all ready removed  with uninstall tool before I installed BD. After AVG removal tool there seem to plenty of traces in registry so I cleaned all again  manually and Malwarebytes cleaning tools but no solution yet. 

I have even tried to change file C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\settings\LGKC\atc.xml  in safe mode but not luck yet. File seem to have some file paths and parameters. These parameters   <enabled>0</enabled>  <gemma>0</gemma> seem to go zero always when ATD is not running.

Waiting for support to give some more tips than installing it 10:th time again. Should be some reason in logs somewhere if ATD does not start.

-A