[Fixed] Network Traffic Causes Bitdefender To Use Excessive Cpu

124»

Comments

• Hello,

No direct fix for this issue itself has been released, however several of the modules linking to the issue itself have been overhauled and may have led in a diminishing effect on the issue itself.

Our developers are still working on the matter.

• Glad to know that you are still working on it and you are going to fix that, I discovered this using latencymoon checking a dpc issue about GTX10x0 series from Nvidia and for my surprise the real problem where in my bitdefender antivirus, I am going to try to disable the port scan feature if it helps a bit, going to report if that works, thanks in advance

• Hello,

Please also ensure you are running the latest GeForce driver as a bug causing DPC latency on 1000 series was addressed on 368.95

• Hello,

Please also ensure you are running the latest GeForce driver as a bug causing DPC latency on 1000 series was addressed on 368.95

I already have it installed but the bug is still present in my rig, it looks like is totally random the appearance of this bug. I tried disabling the block port scanner but nothing changed, I am going to keep an eye on this thread in case something new appear, Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

This situation has been fixed, please ensure you are running the latest build 20.0.29.1517.

Should any of you encounter this exact issue with the latest build, please open a ticket at bitsy@bitdefender.com with an export of msinfo32(file>export) and Bitdefender Support Tool log (you will find the support tool in the main Bitdefender folder), afterwards PM me with the ticket number.

• Hello,

This situation has been fixed, please ensure you are running the latest build 20.0.29.1517.

Should any of you encounter this exact issue with the latest build, please open a ticket at bitsy@bitdefender.com with an export of msinfo32(file>export) and Bitdefender Support Tool log (you will find the support tool in the main Bitdefender folder), afterwards PM me with the ticket number.

Issue is not resolved, in fact it's actually worse.

• Issue is not resolved, in fact it's actually worse.

I don't know which CPU do you have but I don't feel any slowdown with my PC, but of course is a high end pc...

Sorry to hear about that, the issue no longer replicates with the latest build on a machine that has its system up to date, please follow the steps in /index.php?showtopic=68902&page=8&p=259338#entry259338" rel="">#153

• Sorry to hear about that, the issue no longer replicates with the latest build on a machine that has its system up to date, please follow the steps in /index.php?showtopic=68902&page=8&p=259338#entry259338" rel="">#153

I've followed those steps which originated my issue being merged into one bigger topic. You're support takes forever to respond to anything and when they do they ask you to do the same steps again. No thanks. Uninstalling is easier and switching to another company.

• AcePuppy
    edited August 2016

Sorry to hear about that, the issue no longer replicates with the latest build on a machine that has its system up to date, please follow the steps in /index.php?showtopic=68902&page=8&p=259338#entry259338" title="" rel="">#153

Why do you continue to delete my comment and others? If going through support does NOT help the issue. You can't mark something as FIXED when others say it's a problem. You all don't even monitor the other parts of this forum where others are still complaining about it and you haven't even acknowledged there issue.

• @AcePuppy your comment does not follow the forum rules, I understand the frustration and the fact that you do not wish to assist in resolving the situation. However ranting about the situation itself is not helpful and its considered spam, its not okay when a user has to scroll through offtopic information to find what they need. Consider this a friendly warning.

• @AcePuppy your comment does not follow the forum rules, I understand the frustration and the fact that you do not wish to assist in resolving the situation. However ranting about the situation itself is not helpful and its considered spam, its not okay when a user has to scroll through offtopic information to find what they need. Consider this a friendly warning.

"Do not wish to assist in resolving the situation"

You do realize I was the one who initiated the topic at hand that you merged into this post that supposedly solved many of the problems in this thread and users around the world who did not know about how to figuring it out? Yeah, you're welcome for making your software just a bit more USABLE. You all are the ones who did not wish to assist in resolving the situation because if you did your development team and QAs would of saw this bug before your own users would. If the issue is indeed fixed. LOCK the topic.

• Still having this same issue after enabling port scan again. Sent a support request and have received no help in 3 days. This is not fixed as edited in the topic.

• Hello James,

Please provide me with the ticket number via private message.

Hello,

After months of internet problems bitdefender is the one killing my internet connection. Have you ask for a refund already? I'm thinking of getting one too. This has been too unprofessional and not fair to the average person.

• While I'd thought this was fixed, this has cropped up again today. Completely idle system.

3AKukKd.png

• On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, OverlordQ said:

While I'd thought this was fixed, this has cropped up again today. Completely idle system.

3AKukKd.png

This exact issue started for me only a few weeks ago, running BDIS 2018 on a windows 10 machine. None of the workarounds in this thread have helped. It's maddening.

• Very slow computer issues have just started for me, soon after moving from Total Security 2017 to 2018.  I also have identified ignis.sys as probably being the cause.  I have put in a ticket on it.  The slowness does not start immediately after starting up the system, rather a few hours later.  Restarting fixes for a while before it returns.

OverlordQ - you have a screen dump titled System4: Properties.  Which application generated this information and is it a standard windows 10 program (if not where can I get it)?

I have gone into safe mode to try and disable all Bitdefender services, but cannot disable all of them.  I am, nonetheless, hoping things will be okay until Bitdefender come back with a fix.

• spikeles
    edited October 2017

2 hours ago, PMR0001 said:

OverlordQ - you have a screen dump titled System4: Properties.  Which application generated this information and is it a standard windows 10 program (if not where can I get it)?

That's the Windows Performance Toolkit: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/wpt/windows-performance-analyzer

The easiest/quickest way to get it is to use UIforETW, it installs it when first run (click releases on the page for the binaries): https://github.com/google/UIforETW

Tutorial here: https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/xperf-basics-recording-a-trace-the-ultimate-easy-way/

• I don't know about this

• 7 hours ago, PMR0001 said:

you have a screen dump titled System4: Properties.

Process Explorer https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-ru/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

• 3 hours ago, Rampant said:

This is the one, thanks.  Things have been okay since I disabled the Bitdefender processes in safe mode, supporting the view that it is Bitdefender.  Awaiting response from them.  If I cannot sort it with them, I will revert to the 2017 version.

This discussion has been closed.