Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Need some clarification on Startup services by BD.

Options

Hello, I like to have a well protected PC, but I also like to know what process I'm running on my PC, to disable something unnecessary.

In msconfig I saw some Bitdefender services, and I would like to know more about it.

RedLine Service, Device Management Service, ProductAgentService, Desktop Update Service, Virus Shield(ok, this is pretty clear), Protected Service.

Can someone, kindly says what these services are about?

I have BD TS 2018 build 22.0.12.161

Comments

• jitzy
    Options

Hello,

Welcome to Bitdefender Forum :)

ProductAgentService - Required to keep your product linked to your Central Account

Dekstop Update Service - Primary update service to keep your product uptodate

RedLine Service  - Secondary update service if DUS fails.

Device Management Service  - According to Bitdefender support, its necessary to keep the tools active. Its related to Bitdefender Total Security since their other two flagship products doesn't have the tools tab. Not sure why its active for BIS and BAV.

Protected Service  - ASMI protected service. Its a feature that allows Windows to scan newly downloaded applications via web browsers using Bitdefender. More info here .

• 3 hours ago, jitzy said:

Hello,

Welcome to Bitdefender Forum :)

ProductAgentService - Required to keep your product linked to your Central Account

Dekstop Update Service - Primary update service to keep your product uptodate

RedLine Service  - Secondary update service if DUS fails.

Device Management Service  - According to Bitdefender support, its necessary to keep the tools active. Its related to Bitdefender Total Security since their other two flagship products doesn't have the tools tab. Not sure why its active for BIS and BAV.

Protected Service  - ASMI protected service. Its a feature that allows Windows to scan newly downloaded applications via web browsers using Bitdefender. More info here .

So, in the end, I can't stop any of these service.

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

3 hours ago, MarcoAk said:

So, in the end, I can't stop any of these service.

You can stop a couple of them though not recommended as it might disrupt the product's effectiveness in securing your device.

For instance, you can stop ASMI Protected Service by opening Bitdefender GUI ---> Settings ---> Turn off "Antimalware Scan Service"

SNAG-0005.png.57068eaf9aef82338bfe3b7d2cacee22.png

• Rampant
    Options

On 06.10.2017 at 6:48 PM, jitzy said:

ASMI

AMSI