Bitdefender TS18 crashes

More frequently than I care to have...Bitdefender crashes. When this happens, several Internet and server-related running applications crash. I'm not certain why BD crashes or why it takes out all these applications. Of the applications that get killed is Plex media server and Acronis True Image.

Any suggestions on 1) determining the reason for the crash, and 2) how to prevent such crashes from taking out my other applications?

Note that I do not have any other security apps installed/running, my VPN is off, and the wide application crashes do not occur when BD is NOT running.

Scott

Windows 10 Pro, latest updates

Comments

• Update...since there was no response to my issue, I completely uninstalled BD, and using only the build-in protection, no crashing of other services. I then installed a competitor's software...no problems. Even the built-in protection analyzed connected software and provided me options for allowing/disallowing the connection; something BD never did.

It seems my decade-long use of BD may have come to an end. I am truly surprised how after many years of BD use, it still is less user-friendly that other protection software. I can understand blocking potential harmful connections from software, etc., but there is rarely any notification why the connection was not allowed...it's just stopped by the firewall. This, and several other issues, has led me to try out other software.

• On 11/1/2017 at 9:18 PM, cableghost said:

Update...since there was no response to my issue, I completely uninstalled BD, and using only the build-in protection, no crashing of other services. I then installed a competitor's software...no problems. Even the built-in protection analyzed connected software and provided me options for allowing/disallowing the connection; something BD never did.

It seems my decade-long use of BD may have come to an end. I am truly surprised how after many years of BD use, it still is less user-friendly that other protection software. I can understand blocking potential harmful connections from software, etc., but there is rarely any notification why the connection was not allowed...it's just stopped by the firewall. This, and several other issues, has led me to try out other software.

Please try to download the latest version again from BD Central, and if you face issues tell me.

• At this time, I'm trying a competitors software.

• SebastianDI
    edited November 2017

Dude, what is your exact problem? You come here in an unfriendly way, i guess you even use the trial version, then you use Bitdefender still. Why. And why this here:

At this time, I'm trying a competitors software.

Dude if you are unhappy with Bitdefender, then change to another antivir product. But do not XXXX at them here in this forum. Nobody here knows your exact tech specs. Windows 10 pro. Is it 32bit or 64bit. There it already starts....dude can even be a RAM problem if your software crashes. But all you do....well....

• Dude, read the entire thread. I've given BD 10 years...I think that's fair... Dude.

• 2 hours ago, cableghost said:

Dude, read the entire thread. I've given BD 10 years...I think that's fair... Dude.

Forgot about that, I admire that what you have given to BD as a loyal user/contributor. So did you try out re-installing the new build of BD Product and see if you still have any issues if you have tell me freshly here what are those so I can assist you.