Latest Build Information.

Hi, could you please inform us what is the Latest Build number and its release date?

Also, would be very interesting to have a stick thread with this information.

Doing this way customers could check if their installations are up to date or not.

Thank you.

Comments

• 4 hours ago, crisoliv said:

Hi, could you please inform us what is the Latest Build number and its release date?

Thank you.

+1 on that.  This does seem to be the norm on the other versions (v2017, v2016, etc.)

• On 8/15/2017 at 9:07 AM, crisoliv said:

Also, would be very interesting to have a stick thread with this information.

Doing this way customers could check if their installations are up to date or not.

Thank you.

This can be included at the about section of the Bitdefender program of its version and latest build, I too agree to add this up!

• I also agree. This information would definitely be useful.

• Latest build is 23.0.13.169

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• I know what the latest build is, but I cannot find any information on it. Is there a changelog somewhere?

• MrArtist
    edited November 2017

3 hours ago, Buddel said:

I know what the latest build is, but I cannot find any information on it. Is there a changelog somewhere?

I also wanted to find details of a changelog, release history or what's supposedly fixed as I suspect my Total Security 2018 has been causing major problems in the last few days, particularly with coming out of hibernation where all sorts of programs crash upon wake.

The fairly frequent BD recent updates that require a reboot suggest major changes that BD are trying to fix.

I'm seriously losing trust in BD. Today I completely uninstalled BD today and it does seem to have cured my problems on a Win7 system (64bit Ultimate) that I've had running stable since 2010 despite lots of tweaks and programs run over the years.

I've been through various Internet Security suites in that time. I fear moving to BD this year was a big mistake. Even when it's supposedly working properly, I'm not enjoying the experience. i.e. the interface might look pretty, but it's a pig to delve in to and check/tweak, it's obscure in information it gives and a UI, UX nightmare in confined windows with too many up and down drill-downs that one just doesn't want to deal with. As for the Auto Pilot (and on by default!), what's the point of NOT knowing what the heck it's blocking/screwing up?!!! Checking the firewall rules is a nightmare, too many things to click and drill down on just to see what is approved or not.

How about some detailed info (honesty) on what all these updates have been fixing/improving/doing? It would have helped me confirm one heck of a lot sooner if BD was maybe the cause.  

• 2 hours ago, MrArtist said:

I also wanted to find details of a changelog, release history or what's supposedly fixed as I suspect my Total Security 2018 has been causing major problems in the last few days, particularly with coming out of hibernation where all sorts of programs crash upon wake.

The fairly frequent BD recent updates that require a reboot suggest major changes that BD are trying to fix.

I'm seriously losing trust in BD. Today I completely uninstalled BD today and it does seem to have cured my problems on a Win7 system (64bit Ultimate) that I've had running stable since 2010 despite lots of tweaks and programs run over the years.

I've been through various Internet Security suites in that time. I fear moving to BD this year was a big mistake. Even when it's supposedly working properly, I'm not enjoying the experience. i.e. the interface might look pretty, but it's a pig to delve in to and check/tweak, it's obscure in information it gives and a UI, UX nightmare in confined windows with too many up and down drill-downs that one just doesn't want to deal with. As for the Auto Pilot (and on by default!), what's the point of NOT knowing what the heck it's blocking/screwing up?!!! Checking the firewall rules is a nightmare, too many things to click and drill down on just to see what is approved or not.

How about some detailed info (honesty) on what all these updates have been fixing/improving/doing? It would have helped me confirm one heck of a lot sooner if BD was maybe the cause.  

I too am a new BD user as of this year.  The update to BD 2018 has caused so many little issues with my PC('s) that I too had to remove it.  They haven't replied to my request for a prorated refund yet.  I'd much rather they just get all the bugs worked out and I resume using it.  BD 2017 was a lot more stable IMHO.

• MrArtist
    edited November 2017

6 hours ago, blopplop said:

I too am a new BD user as of this year.  The update to BD 2018 has caused so many little issues with my PC('s) that I too had to remove it.  They haven't replied to my request for a prorated refund yet.  I'd much rather they just get all the bugs worked out and I resume using it.  BD 2017 was a lot more stable IMHO.

BD 2017 was definitely more stable, with this 2018 release I had issues with the Advanced Threat Defence not wanting to activate at all.

Without BD installed, overnight, I still had a problem with coming out of Hibernation, so it's probably not BD, but the problem did seem to coincide with a major update and given all the issues BD has caused it did seem the likely culprit (i.e lack of trust in BD). Without a changelog or a way to (easily) completely disable BD, it makes it hard to troubleshoot or determine if something is a known/possible issue/cause.

Despite my current hibernation issue not actually being BD's fault (so it now seems), overall, due to the really awkward interface and configuration complexity, I don't think I will be reinstalling BD. There are just too many things in BD's workings that just make me think "Why do it that way!!!" or "Why not tell me what you just did instead of having me duck and dive into the interface to uncover the truth". i.e. I've had an issue with a ObjectDock's WindowBlinds (theming system) where BD thinks it's something to guard against in the protected folders. Each time I open a program, I see a message that it's blocked something but I have to keep going through a whole series of BD interface windows just to discover what it really was that it didn't like, then another lot of windows to undo what it did quarantine (and no way to permanently fix the issue). It gets to the point where I turn features off just to make life easier. Not the best thing for a security suite to encourage users to do (my kids hate it running on their computers as well).

• On 11/2/2017 at 10:41 PM, Matei M. said:

Latest build is 23.0.13.169

• Kamrul Hassan
    edited November 2017

13 hours ago, MrArtist said:

11 hours ago, blopplop said:

5 hours ago, MrArtist said:

BD 2017 was definitely more stable, with this 2018 release I had issues with the Advanced Threat Defence not wanting to activate at all.

Without BD installed, overnight, I still had a problem with coming out of Hibernation, so it's probably not BD, but the problem did seem to coincide with a major update and given all the issues BD has caused it did seem the likely culprit (i.e lack of trust in BD). Without a changelog or a way to (easily) completely disable BD, it makes it hard to troubleshoot or determine if something is a known/possible issue/cause.

Despite my current hibernation issue not actually being BD's fault (so it now seems), overall, due to the really awkward interface and configuration complexity, I don't think I will be reinstalling BD. There are just too many things in BD's workings that just make me think "Why do it that way!!!" or "Why not tell me what you just did instead of having me duck and dive into the interface to uncover the truth". i.e. I've had an issue with a ObjectDock's WindowBlinds (theming system) where BD thinks it's something to guard against in the protected folders. Each time I open a program, I see a message that it's blocked something but I have to keep going through a whole series of BD interface windows just to discover what it really was that it didn't like, then another lot of windows to undo what it did quarantine (and no way to permanently fix the issue). It gets to the point where I turn features off just to make life easier. Not the best thing for a security suite to encourage users to do (my kids hate it running on their computers as well).

Well in short form Bitdefender Total Secuirty 2018 has just recently launched yet paying due respect to the BD Engineers and Team who worked for this awesome 2018 version by improving things and addition of useful tools and stuffs. It is very common that issue will be formed in different computer systems in the world for that there is "Feedback" of improving your BD product. Some people use a product and never do anything to improve that product yet says its disadvantages, on the other side most enjoy their product and gives regular Feedback(s) and report problems/issues to improve their experience on their product. 

So I seriously suggest you two that, you contact the Support let me in live or opening e-mail ticket they will of course get back to you soon to solve your issue. Even BD offers premium package for paid services to fix your issues, you can even use that! 

If you really like Bitdefender (its products, community etc) then I strongly suggest you to improve it in whatever way you can! With people's support and help one thing can get to victory. And Bitdefender is really user friendly and it learns human ways to make it improve much better.

From my side, its not that I didn't face any issue of BD v2018 I as well did, but I reported my issue and in time they got fixed, whenever there is any issue I handle it and when things get difficult I contact support as they are here for us 24/7 days for quality service to just help us to solve our issues!

I hope this helps and changes your view of reviewing your Bitdefender usage and experience. And in the end, all is your decision of what to do.

Best regards,

• 1 hour ago, Kamrul Hassan said:

I hope this helps and changes your view of reviewing your Bitdefender usage and experience. And in the end, all is your decision of what to do.

I did contact support over issues and it was drawn out and didn't solve the ATD issue until they eventually fixed it with an update weeks later. I also raised my issues with my WindowBlinds being blocked and never got a response.

As for the user interface, and complicated way one has to bury into each firewall rule, that is just ridiculous and overall BD TS is overly complicated/awkward to use, check and configure in depth. I will not raise that as a support issue as it should be blindingly obvious. As for Auto Pilot (and being on by default), the only reason I can see for that is that it might avoid initial confusion/worry for the uninitiated, but in the long run can only lead to major confusion when people find things don't work like they used to. BD 2017 wasn't bad in function, to be honest I can't really tell what's particularly different about 2018 other than some things started going wrong.

But all that is missing the point of this ticket/post - why not have a detailed log of what's been fixed, done, improved, bugs, workarounds?

I cannot change my view of BD; I don't like BD and nor do my kids compared to what we used before (Kaspersky) which had it's own UI problems but not as bad. I was hoping from reviews I read that BD would be the answer, however I have realised it is not.

• 59 minutes ago, MrArtist said:

I did contact support over issues and it was drawn out and didn't solve the ATD issue until they eventually fixed it with an update weeks later. I also raised my issues with my WindowBlinds being blocked and never got a response.

As for the user interface, and complicated way one has to bury into each firewall rule, that is just ridiculous and overall BD TS is overly complicated/awkward to use, check and configure in depth. I will not raise that as a support issue as it should be blindingly obvious. As for Auto Pilot (and being on by default), the only reason I can see for that is that it might avoid initial confusion/worry for the uninitiated, but in the long run can only lead to major confusion when people find things don't work like they used to. BD 2017 wasn't bad in function, to be honest I can't really tell what's particularly different about 2018 other than some things started going wrong.

But all that is missing the point of this ticket/post - why not have a detailed log of what's been fixed, done, improved, bugs, workarounds?

I cannot change my view of BD; I don't like BD and nor do my kids compared to what we used before (Kaspersky) which had it's own UI problems but not as bad. I was hoping from reviews I read that BD would be the answer, however I have realised it is not.

Actually there is no logs in public to see whats fixed by whom and improvements can be found out at the websites but if you open a ticket maybe they can give you logs of what got fixed like errors and etc. Well for all each has its on view of seeing things and I am sure you have the right to choose whats the best for you and your family. Yet at the worlds top rating BD is No.1 still 5 times in a row, at the dangerous and long run BD will come handy of course in some issues.

• 8 hours ago, Kamrul Hassan said:

Well in short form Bitdefender Total Secuirty 2018 has just recently launched yet paying due respect to the BD Engineers and Team who worked for this awesome 2018 version by improving things and addition of useful tools and stuffs. It is very common that issue will be formed in different computer systems in the world for that there is "Feedback" of improving your BD product. Some people use a product and never do anything to improve that product yet says its disadvantages, on the other side most enjoy their product and gives regular Feedback(s) and report problems/issues to improve their experience on their product. 

So I seriously suggest you two that, you contact the Support let me in live or opening e-mail ticket they will of course get back to you soon to solve your issue. Even BD offers premium package for paid services to fix your issues, you can even use that! 

If you really like Bitdefender (its products, community etc) then I strongly suggest you to improve it in whatever way you can! With people's support and help one thing can get to victory. And Bitdefender is really user friendly and it learns human ways to make it improve much better.

From my side, its not that I didn't face any issue of BD v2018 I as well did, but I reported my issue and in time they got fixed, whenever there is any issue I handle it and when things get difficult I contact support as they are here for us 24/7 days for quality service to just help us to solve our issues!

Best regards,

Thanks for the comments.  I agree about working with folks to resolve issues that come up with software products.  Every software has glitches, bumps and bruises along the way.  I get that.

One option that I think would help the customer moving forward is the ability to revert back to a previous version.  I originally posted that I just wanted to revert back to 2017 and stick with that but was told that's not really possible.  Maybe I did not research it enough, who knows.  All my problems stemmed from the 2018 upgrade.  I had not one glitch with the older version.  I just want to go back.  That's all. :)

• 3 hours ago, blopplop said:

Thanks for the comments.  I agree about working with folks to resolve issues that come up with software products.  Every software has glitches, bumps and bruises along the way.  I get that.

One option that I think would help the customer moving forward is the ability to revert back to a previous version.  I originally posted that I just wanted to revert back to 2017 and stick with that but was told that's not really possible.  Maybe I did not research it enough, who knows.  All my problems stemmed from the 2018 upgrade.  I had not one glitch with the older version.  I just want to go back.  That's all. :)

I see. Not all software(s) like Antivirus programs allow that process to go back to previous version even if that they can but they won't allow as its not in their policy/rules. And even you can't find 2017 downloads links in Bitdefender, so I can help you out if you really wanna try the 2017 version, just go to this link and you will find all the 2017 products of BD with x86 and x64 versions: https://www.itechtics.com/download-bitdefender-2017-offline-installers-direct-download-links/

Note that if it asks to upgrade as there is one available you can try to ignore that and see if you can do things with 2017.

Thank you, I hope this helps your issue.

• On 04.11.2017 at 2:13 PM, Jester said:

I'm sorry .. I was very tired, you're right.

• OK, now we know what the latest build number is. Fine. But what exactly has changed/improved with the release of version 22.0.13.169? Still waiting to see a changelog.

• 14 hours ago, Buddel said:

OK, now we know what the latest build number is. Fine. But what exactly has changed/improved with the release of version 22.0.13.169? Still waiting to see a changelog.

For that I think you have to contact the level 2 support, as they won't maybe release publicly the changelogs yet they will contact you via e-mail. 

• I think changelogs should be made publicly available, so that users can easily see what has been changed/improved. Why are they so secretive about their changelogs? Hm...

• 2 hours ago, Buddel said:

I think changelogs should be made publicly available, so that users can easily see what has been changed/improved. Why are they so secretive about their changelogs? Hm...

Given the rash of updates that require a reboot, trying to fix a whole bunch of issues (without a changelog, that's all we can really assume).

• While I still try and track down some sort of corruption problem on a Win7 system that I've otherwise had running stable for 7 years (a problem that I haven't completely ruled out BD causing/corrupting), I currently do not have an AV or IS/TS solution installed, but Malwarebytes is currently running just in case.

I'm not too worried by having nothing AV-wise running, in all the years of using various Internet Suites I've never actually had a virus or threat that wasn't obvious (e.g. in an email or dodgy download/site).

In fact, BD has caused me more trouble than it's worth, not just while I try and fix my current issue, but in general day to day running - not a good thing for what is supposed to be something helping/protecting me. Apart from the long waits to fix ATD errors in the irreversible 2018 update, and the various false-positives on certain well known/good websites, the quarantining of innocent files in "protected folders" is what I suspect has begun causing me my current trouble (which seemed to start after a recent BD reboot update).

That is why it would be really good to be able to review a changelog/issues/fixes list. 

While BD remains uninstalled from my system, I may or may not use up my remaining months of BD subscription because I have seriously lost trust in something that has not been working well, is not transparent in function and use, and to me is a UI/UX mess, e.g.:

• Does no one else find the firewall rules section a nightmare to check?

• Is everyone happy that it's a pig of a job to deactivate BD while troubleshooting?

• Is everyone fine about the small-size fixed interface screens that I seem to have massive problems easily scrolling?

• Does no one get annoyed that notifications of quarantined objects just have a button to undo the change rather than say what the actual thing was that got quarantined, meaning one has to go back and forth, up and down, drilling around to find the right section (to verify the problem/file in question) and then back again to fix the issue that wasn't an actual problem in the first place, all without a way to get BD to permanently ignore a certain set of files/folders for the next time I start a program? (There seems to be no way that I can find to do that for "protected folders" without turning the whole feature off for good)?

• 19 hours ago, MrArtist said:

While I still try and track down some sort of corruption problem on a Win7 system that I've otherwise had running stable for 7 years (a problem that I haven't completely ruled out BD causing/corrupting), I currently do not have an AV or IS/TS solution installed, but Malwarebytes is currently running just in case.

I'm not too worried by having nothing AV-wise running, in all the years of using various Internet Suites I've never actually had a virus or threat that wasn't obvious (e.g. in an email or dodgy download/site).

In fact, BD has caused me more trouble than it's worth, not just while I try and fix my current issue, but in general day to day running - not a good thing for what is supposed to be something helping/protecting me. Apart from the long waits to fix ATD errors in the irreversible 2018 update, and the various false-positives on certain well known/good websites, the quarantining of innocent files in "protected folders" is what I suspect has begun causing me my current trouble (which seemed to start after a recent BD reboot update).

That is why it would be really good to be able to review a changelog/issues/fixes list. 

While BD remains uninstalled from my system, I may or may not use up my remaining months of BD subscription because I have seriously lost trust in something that has not been working well, is not transparent in function and use, and to me is a UI/UX mess, e.g.:

• Does no one else find the firewall rules section a nightmare to check?

• Is everyone happy that it's a pig of a job to deactivate BD while troubleshooting?

• Is everyone fine about the small-size fixed interface screens that I seem to have massive problems easily scrolling?

• Does no one get annoyed that notifications of quarantined objects just have a button to undo the change rather than say what the actual thing was that got quarantined, meaning one has to go back and forth, up and down, drilling around to find the right section (to verify the problem/file in question) and then back again to fix the issue that wasn't an actual problem in the first place, all without a way to get BD to permanently ignore a certain set of files/folders for the next time I start a program? (There seems to be no way that I can find to do that for "protected folders" without turning the whole feature off for good)?

Well turly believe me that, currently every single day I am having Goosebumps using BD 2018 Total Security, each day new problems occurs and every time I need to contact support is it a good thing you say? I am really dissatisfied about this... I came from 8 years of use of Kaspersky to find BD better now I see its worse that Kaspersky really nothing to hide!

Errors like: All types of update errors occur, Tools whole menu fails and says to enable it and doesn't happen! Slow PC. And many terryifing issues...

• 9 minutes ago, Kamrul Hassan said:

Errors like: All types of update errors occur, Tools whole menu fails and says to enable it and doesn't happen! Slow PC. And many terryifing issues...

Sounds like something serious has gone wrong with your system, much worse and less subtle than my main issue (there were others with BD 2018) which basically saw my Win7 computer waking from hibernation with various crashing errors in running processes and programs (as though BD hadn't quite regained consciousness and just blocked everything instead).

Everything would be okay after a reboot but I've had at least two programs lose their settings and one became completely de-registered as purchased. I also noticed all the Win System Restore points would go missing. It would be good to know if these sorts of things are known issues (what with all the BD updates we've been seeing).

Unfortunately, the latest (Jan 2018!) issue of PC Pro gives BD another top rating, but then again, PC Pro seem to be unable to compare like with like, putting the Avast free version up against BD, and no mention of BD's awkward interface or problems. Kaspersky also does well in their review, I don't think we should take much notice of the recent US banning Kaspersky scandal - all AV/IS suites to some extent leave us compromised as these suites by their nature have to hack/intercept normal system activity and have tons of known/unknown issues/bugs/backdoors. To that extent, we perhaps shouldn't really trust any of them to be looking after our systems, but it's six of one (having protection) versus six-hundred of the other (not having protection), so overall Internet Security is still a good idea.

• On 11/8/2017 at 1:32 AM, MrArtist said:

Sounds like something serious has gone wrong with your system, much worse and less subtle than my main issue (there were others with BD 2018) which basically saw my Win7 computer waking from hibernation with various crashing errors in running processes and programs (as though BD hadn't quite regained consciousness and just blocked everything instead).

Everything would be okay after a reboot but I've had at least two programs lose their settings and one became completely de-registered as purchased. I also noticed all the Win System Restore points would go missing. It would be good to know if these sorts of things are known issues (what with all the BD updates we've been seeing).

Unfortunately, the latest (Jan 2018!) issue of PC Pro gives BD another top rating, but then again, PC Pro seem to be unable to compare like with like, putting the Avast free version up against BD, and no mention of BD's awkward interface or problems. Kaspersky also does well in their review, I don't think we should take much notice of the recent US banning Kaspersky scandal - all AV/IS suites to some extent leave us compromised as these suites by their nature have to hack/intercept normal system activity and have tons of known/unknown issues/bugs/backdoors. To that extent, we perhaps shouldn't really trust any of them to be looking after our systems, but it's six of one (having protection) versus six-hundred of the other (not having protection), so overall Internet Security is still a good idea.

BD 2018 products especially Total Security needs a lots of works out to fix issues and in different system around the world it affects different wise, so if you gotta used BD than you have the face the consequences and report to fix things. that's all!

• Math_Matei
    edited November 2017

• Done!

Snap37.png

• Buddel
    edited November 2017

Again - please tell us what exactly has changed/improved with the latest build. We all know how to find the current build number, but we are not told what's changed. Please tell us! Thank you!

• Kamrul Hassan
    edited November 2017

On 11/11/2017 at 6:54 PM, Buddel said:

Again - please tell us what exactly has changed/improved with the latest build. We all know how to find the current build number, but we are not told what's changed. Please tell us! Thank you!

Well that's the change log of previous version:

/index.php?/topic/77459-latest-changelog/&do=embed" style="height:205px;max-width:502px;">

• Sure, I could ask the support team or PM a mod here, but wouldn't it be easier to publish the information in this forum. I still don't know why they are so secretive about their changelogs.