Bitdefender Agent keeps stealing Windows' focus

foyle
foyle
edited October 2017 in Install activation

Anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to submit a support ticket?

I'll be playing a fullscreen game when suddenly I get dumped to the Windows desktop, for no obvious reason.

Or, I'll be scrolling down a web page when suddenly my mouse wheel stops scrolling the page, and I have to click on the page to make it the active window again. Then I can continue scrolling.

This seems to happen several times per hour, and gets to be quite annoying.

I believe it started with the BDTS18 upgrade.

Something is repeatedly stealing Window's focus, and I tracked it down to Bitdefender Agent.

I used Window Focus Logger 1.0 (www.adminscope.com) to catch it and Wireshark to identify it.

Windows Focus Logger output:

Focus changed;10/10/2017 23:32:01;Name:Destination folder;Processname:qxpAB37.tmp;Offscreen:True;KeyboardFocus:True;UIenabled:True

Wireshark output:

Parent PID: 4180, Command line: "C:\Windows\TEMP\bd_AB27.tmp\qxpAB37.tmp" /source:connect_upgrade/upgrade, Current directory: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\

Can anyone let me know what to do next?

Thanks

BDTS18 build 22.0.13.1669

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

I'm not running any other security solutions except an occasional run of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Comments

• Hello,

Please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

• Sorin G., thank you for your reply.

I sent an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

That log file is too large for my SMPTA server, so I sent it using Gmail with a link to that file on Google Drive.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further information.

You may reply to either my Gmail address or my SMPTA email address which I specified when building the support log file (although the SMPTA address is preferred).

Dangit, I just realized I said Wireshark when I meant Microsoft/Sysinternal's Process Monitor.

• In case anyone was wondering, BD had me uninstall and reinstall BDTS18 and the problem went away. They also said that they do execute .tmp files out of the windows\temp folder. The .tmp file I found and submitted to VirusTotal was reported to have malware, BD said they were false positives.