Complete System failure caused by "atc.sys" !!!

Only yesterday I wrote about "atc.sys" how it causes problem with my computer.

"/index.php?/topic/77881-major-computer-lag-stop-caused-by-atcsys/" style="background-color:transparent;color:inherit;" title="Major Computer lag (stop) caused by "atc.sys"" rel="">Major Computer lag (stop) caused by "atc.sys""

Today this problem escalated extremely: Normally the problem would last up to 35 seconds but today it was constant. It startet 6 hours after boot up and it lasted until the computer restarted (on my command). 

The system was barely responsive, the CPU load was ~95% (I managed to confirm that the cause was the atc.sys), right after that the load went up to 100%, making my computer not responsive at all.

So what happened, well I lost todays work worth around 3000€. The whole project is now corrupted and all the files are basically useless. The good part is that today I copied my project from a server to my computer, making only the copy on my computer corrupted but the work and changes are still gone.

My computer is totally broken now because when I start the PC, the CPU load goes straight up to 95% (System process - "atc.sys" threads), making an uninstall of BitDefender impossible.

The only way (for now) to remove this "good" software is to boot up a Linux and manually remove it...

So, who will pay for this ??? Will I need to sue ?

Why are you incompetent to fix your product since early September ???

How do I remove BitDefender when the computer is not responsive doe to high CPU load caused by "atc.sys" ???

When are you going to fix this ???

Comments

• Maybe this will be helpful to finally fix this problem...

bt_3.PNG

• More info...

bt_4.PNG

• Well BD 2018 at best is in beta stage yet they released it so early due commercial reasons now all i can see is complains about how 2017 was good and this is broken.. 

With that said you can easily remove it from live os also you can boot into safe mode and try the uninstaller(if the system is responsive ofc)

https://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

but dont worry devs gonna fix all new release bugs in next couple of years i ment months and then we may have BD 2017 again!!

and please always always backup!

• 3 hours ago, mohsen.a540 said:

Well BD 2018 at best is in beta stage yet they released it so early due commercial reasons now all i can see is complains about how 2017 was good and this is broken.. 

With that said you can easily remove it from live os also you can boot into safe mode and try the uninstaller(if the system is responsive ofc)

https://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

but dont worry devs gonna fix all new release bugs in next couple of years i ment months and then we may have BD 2017 again!!

and please always always backup!

The system is not responsive even in safe mod...

I am really disappointed by this team, I just cannot believe that this happened and that this team is unable to make a fix for this since early September...

Releasing a broken build for money just screams creed...If I would release my project like this team does, my boss would kick me out...

• Once again I had a full system stop caused by this malware/virus, whatever it is. This is not an anti-virus anymore...

And forum "moderators" are useless as developers...

What is this company? Are there like 3 people working on this ??? Are you serious ?