Connect Box 2 & disconnect Box ver 1

I have been using a BD Box Ver. 1 and have just ordered a Box Ver 2.  I would like to be sure about disconnecting the Box 1 and installing the Box 2.  I assume that I should use the "Remove Box" option from the App menu then install the Box 2 per the instructions; is this correct?

Thanks

Comments

• I had version 1 installed,removed box 1 and im now using box 2 and really liking it.I like it and performs way better(for me)than box 1.I have had no problems with it so far.Box 2 was pretty easy to install

• brihy1,

Did you just use the "Remove Box" option from the app and then install the Box 2?  Any problems?

Thanks

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, you just have to reenable the DHCP Server function on your router, detach BOX 1, and then install BOX 2 according to your network setup.

• brihy1
    edited December 2017

Yes,I used the remove option from the app and it had me enable the DHCP in my router settings as Michael said.Ive had no problems so far with box 2.The only problem i had was with box 1,i couldnt get it to work correctly with my verizon extender but box 2 has no problems at all.

• Thanks to all, Box 2 is now up and running!

• On 12/20/2017 at 5:22 PM, brihy1 said:

Yes,I used the remove option from the app and it had me enable the DHCP in my router settings as Michael said.Ive had no problems so far with box 2.The only problem i had was with box 1,i couldnt get it to work correctly with my verizon extender but box 2 has no problems at all.

You're B2 works with your range extender? does it show in the bitdefender central app? I have a netgear nighthawk range extender and so far it will not show up, and my wifi keeps droping on devices connected to the range extender.

• brihy1
    edited December 2017

I have the box2 running with my verizon quantum router and verizon extender.My box 2 and verizon extender are working without disconnects but i have my extender run through fios(cable line) not ethernet.So the box 2 wil not pick up the extender.i was told by support that anything running off my verizon router that is wired(not wireless)like my ps4 and xbox one will not be picked up by the box2.I went and bought a ethernet switch and connected it to the box2 and ran all my ethernet stuff off the ethernet switch and now they are all seen by the box2.I havent tried running my extender through ethernet to see if it will be picked up by box2 but i believe it works better connected through fios than ethernet.Hope this makes sense but with the box1 i had nothing but problems with the extender.The problem you are describing is exactly what i ran into with my box1.

• Sgtkeebler
    edited December 2017

9 hours ago, brihy1 said:

I have the box2 running with my verizon quantum router and verizon extender.My box 2 and verizon extender are working without disconnects but i have my extender run through fios(cable line) not ethernet.So the box 2 wil not pick up the extender.i was told by support that anything running off my verizon router that is wired(not wireless)like my ps4 and xbox one will not be picked up by the box2.I went and bought a ethernet switch and connected it to the box2 and ran all my ethernet stuff off the ethernet switch and now they are all seen by the box2.I havent tried running my extender through ethernet to see if it will be picked up by box2 but i believe it works better connected through fios than ethernet.Hope this makes sense but with the box1 i had nothing but problems with the extender.The problem you are describing is exactly what i ran into with my box1.

I didn't have any problems with the box1 picking up my wireless range extender. I finally just gave up and disconnected my box2 and I will wait for a fix. I love the concept of the box2 but I cant have it constantly disconnecting half of my wireless devices because they are connected through my range extender. My dad is in hospice care at home, and we have a medical device connected through my range extender that gives out data, and that has been constantly going out ever since box2 and I think its because of the range extender not properly being detected. I cant play video games or even stream reliably without network drops every 10 mins. It does come back up but its frustrating. Thanks for listen to me gripe lol!

• brihy1
    edited January 2018

I totally understand,i did the same with box 1 for exactly that reason.How is your extender hooked up?Is it run through your router by ethernet?Have you called that support number on the box or manual of box 2?They were really good when i talked to them.