iTunes does not detect iphone or ipad

After installing bitdefender for Mac (masOS High Sierra 10.13.2) a few days ago, iTunes no longer detects my iPhone or iPad. I'm using iTunes 12.7.2.60. Both the iPhone and iPad have the latest versions. All worked before bitdefender was installed. I've also stopped scanning but that does not help. 

Comments

• Hello,

Bitdefender does not interfere with Apple applications.

We recommend you to reboot in Safe Mode.

To Start Up in Safe Mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display.

2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

If the issue persists, check if your devices are detected with Bitdefender Autopilot and Safe Files off.

Let us know how is everything.

• Everything is resolved. Ended up killing all apps, power cycling, then relaunching apps. All works now. Thanks

• You may choose to update the iTunes on your computer. If no use, try to restart or hard reset your device. And i know a repair tool like TunesKit iOS System Recovery may also help you,