Box 2 update

Is there any way to tell what was fixed or features added when an update is done,like a change log?

Comments

• I asked the support team this afternoon the same question. Their reply:

This is not a major update, you'll find below the change log but from now on, you will find it on our forum on https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/forum/461-bitdefender-box/ .

- Implemented recovery mechanisms for startup problems of several services.

- Reshaped the Device Discovery module so that BOX can discover devices more accurately.

- Several bug fixes and improvements

- Fixed several crashes hat affected the Device Discovery module

• Thanks for the answer and good to know we will be able to see whats new in an update.

• My box has not updated; it's still at 2.1.1.5.  In addition, the switch for Automatic firmware update shuts off every time I leave the program.

Any ideas?

• I didnt know it automatically updated,I had to go to notifications and press on it and a few minutes later i got another notification saying box 2 updated to 2.1.1.7?whee do you see an option for auto update?

• Go to Devices (in the phone app) and click on the three vertical dots next to the Bitdefender Box Network.  Click About and you should see the Latest firmware version Current firmware version , a switch for Automatic firmware update and a button (greyed out) for Update Now.

• brihy1
    edited January 2018

Thanks for pointing that out,i would have never known that was there.My auto update is on and my update now button is greyed out.Even if i disable auto button it still stays greyed out.Did you try going to the notification section to see if there was a update availabe listed(12-27) and update from there?Thats what i did a little while back.

• Haven't got any notifications about an update but had read about it here on the forum.  What is listed as the current firmware version on your app?

• Thanks brihy1,

It's definite that my Box is not updating since I'm at 2.1.1.5

• Have you tried calling box support?When i talked to them on phone they were really helpful

• Looks like that will have to be my next move.  There doesn't appear to be as much (or any) support for the forum questions.