Is Safepay separete desktop of any use against Meltdawn and Sceptre bug?

Or it does not metter and Sceptre just doesn't care if you have separate desktop?

I ask because situation is not ideal. So far only Skylake and newer gets microcode patch announced except Lenovo (they will support older CPUs) so looks to me majority will remain unpatched against Sceptre.

So, I ask is Safepay adding anything to help mitigate Sceptre or not.

Comments

• Yes, I was wondering about this myself. How safe is Safepay now.  Anybody?

• I'd like to get an answer. Other browsers have been updated to mitigate Spectre and Meltdown. How safe is Safepay now? Thanks

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I am told that there is a free 200 MB VPN version available, should I need to use Safepay. Unless, of course, I choose to buy an UpGrade. 

EDITED to include:

With a VPN your internet traffic is encrypted which works great for added privacy. Even your internet service provider should not be able to eavesdrop on your online activity

This is indeed especially useful when connected to public networks (due to their inherent vulnerability), but the VPN will work on any network. 

It is of course your choice whether or not to purchase the premium VPN subscription, and we do offer a 200 MB daily quota of traffic to all our customers, that you could use when doing online banking for example.

Copy/Paste from "Privacy" Forum

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

I went ahead and purchased the Bitdefender VPN Premium.