Bitdefender Services are not responding

Comments

• gnu/turd
    edited February 2018

The fact that even firewall went offline is - at least for me - a good reason to dump BD for good.

• Same problem. Not able to restart the software either. Windows 10 - 64X

• ryanbee24
    edited February 2018

just re-started one of my computers and BitDefender appears to be working again. Going to start re-starting all my computers.

EDIT: All my computers are running Bitdefender now after restarting.

• 2 minutes ago, Chris-G said:

The question is, can you name any antivirus that hasn't had a bad update at some time?

I take your point but I what is really bothering me is the lack of any announcements - Having to dig through these comments to find out its a known issue.  Not being to use a system safely costs money.

• Same problem on 1 Win10Pro machine but for the moment the other is solid. This is unacceptable to say the least. 5 restarts, 1 re-install with no improvement.

• 3 minutes ago, Imidis said:

The question here to ask, have you had a bad update that left all your systems completely unprotected? No I must be lucky, because in my 20+ years, I do not recall an update that left ANY systems open.

Exactly.

• Just got this from them thing  is how does one get it too update when its not working?

'This is a currently known situation and has been just addressed with an update.

Please wait another 10-15 minutes and right click the upload.png icon in your system tray and click the "Update" option. 

Please allow the update a couple of minutes to finish ( you will not get any feedback from the product).

Once the icon in your system tray turns red please restart your device.

If the icon does not turn red on it's own please restart the device.

Please let us know afterwards if you encounter any further errors.'

• Same - Windows10

• 1 minute ago, Rick2wise said:

I take your point but I what is really bothering me is the lack of any announcements - Having to dig through these comments to find out its a known issue.  Not being to use a system safely costs money.

think about it before you cry about it, every agent and employee is probably busy, their phone systems are so backed up people cant get through, their online chat is the same thing, they are working quick to fix the update, can you say the same thing about any other software developer? i've seen microsoft put out updates making computers unbootable and it takes them days to fix it.

• GPax
    edited February 2018

DELETED

• Identical issue with Antivirus Plus 2018 on WIndows 10 (64-bit). Stopped working about 45 minutes ago (same error message as Daniels screenshot above).

• Same issue

• Riot2212
    edited February 2018

3 minutes ago, tonyhag said:

Just got this from them thing  is how does one get it too update when its not working?

'This is a currently known situation and has been just addressed with an update.

Please wait another 10-15 minutes and right click the upload.png icon in your system tray and click the "Update" option. 

Please allow the update a couple of minutes to finish ( you will not get any feedback from the product).

Once the icon in your system tray turns red please restart your device.

If the icon does not turn red on it's own please restart the device.

Please let us know afterwards if you encounter any further errors.'

restart your computer, its fixed it has been stated in this thread already, we've seen it on a few devices here already

• Just now, Riot2212 said:

think about it before you cry about it, every agent and employee is probably busy, their phone systems are so backed up people cant get through, their online chat is the same thing, they are working quick to fix the update, can you say the same thing about any other software developer? i've seen microsoft put out updates making computers unbootable and it takes them days to fix it.

I will cry as much as I want. I paid for a service and I am not getting it and can not contact support.  The fact that all services have stopped working is a big issue.  I will be replacing BD. My money my choice.

• 2 minutes ago, Riot2212 said:

You are a ######.

• 1 minute ago, Rick2wise said:

I will cry as much as I want. I paid for a service and I am not getting it and can not contact support.  The fact that all services have stopped working is a big issue.  I will be replacing BD. My money my choice.

sure your money your choice, then go somewhere else and cry, people whine about the stupidest things, you think you are so entitled, i bet you think the world revolves around you too don't you.

2 minutes ago, Imidis said:

You are a ######.

because I am pointing out the obvious?

• Just restarted desktop pc and it is back up - is saying "update is successful, firewall has updated/changed/has been enabled"

• same problem in France

• I got this problem without any update and have restartet 4 times.

I made  ticket to Security Service   20 min ago

No answer yet.

• 10 minutes ago, Riot2212 said:

sure your money your choice, then go somewhere else and cry, people whine about the stupidest things, you think you are so entitled, i bet you think the world revolves around you too don't you.

because I am pointing out the obvious?

No, because you have not a clue. And comparing really, you can compare anything to crappy companies to make them look better.Accept the koolaid kid.

• Same here on Win7 with AV Plus 2018. Was caused by a BD update which was apparently pushed overnight.

I did a System Restore to a point a few days ago (no windows updates since that date), and this fixed the problem, although now Action Center is claiming that BD isn't working. Is it? I have no real way of knowing - the BD main screen says it is working (but also says "Update requires restart", which I'm NOT going to do). Who's right?

BD needs to fix this immediately.

• Fix worked. I updated through system tray even though BD was "grey" and not working. The BD icon in the system tray never did turn red, but I waiting five minutes and rebooted. Everything is fine now.

• Just turned my computer on and got multiple pop ups saying BD not working and to contact support, called both the Canada and US support numbers only to be disconnected, tried the online support chat feature also not working it seems, went on to look for any support articles to help with the problem which suggested to reinstall the program, tried that but still not working.

Very disappointed hope they fix this quickly. 

• System Restore to a point a few days ago got mine working again (i.e., it's before the recent update), FWIW...

Until BD figures this out, I won't be letting BD perform its currently pending update.

• This is very sad. Bitdefender won't respond, their phone numbers reach only dead lines or dial tones, their chat is not available, their third-party support demands $100 to look at the problem, restarting accomplishes nothing. I also tried US and Canada. Canada number reaches a recording asking us to press 1, 2 or 3. Tried them all -- all three hang up on me immediately.

• Mine is back up too.  Icon is red but reboot brought it back up.

• LeifM
    edited February 2018

17 minutes ago, LeifM said:

I got this problem without any update and have restartet 4 times.

I made  ticket to Security Service   20 min ago

No answer yet.

I shut down my PC and did a restart from "scratch."

It works.  :P

• Feb 5, 2018    I have the same issue described above, with the black box saying critical error and services not working.  When I call the two USA phone numbers, they ring once and then automatically hang up and disconnect.  Chat attempts give the message that no agent is available. I found Security Tech online, phone 1-877-933-6146 and spoke to a technician.  He found an extra csrss.exe, which he said was a trojan.   He offered to have it fixed online, by his techs, for $50, or suggested it take it into the shop to be repaired by a technician.  I could not find anything about Security Tech by doing an online search on Google, but I did find that csrss.exe can indeed be a trojan.   I have tried restarting the computer several times, including with remote control by the Security Tech guy.  My computer is now turned off for safety, and I must use alternate computers (which do not have BD installed) until the problem is resolved.  There is some small comfort knowing it is a problem larger than just my computer.  I wonder if the upgrade mistakenly included malicious software?

• Thanks I will try that cant afford to leave my system vulnerable especially as getting no help with this issue, 

• Bitdefender  Total Security is back

• Bitdefender is now working - thank you!

• Working fine now on all computers - thanks to all for your input and support!

• I called both phone numbers listed for the United States, (+1) 954 414 9655, (+1) 954 281 4024, and they both hang up immediately after ringing. Has anybody else had this issue calling the USA phone numbers today?

bitdefendercontact phone.PNG

• dakotajoe
    edited February 2018

Today, I tried a few times to call  Bitdefender 24-hour phone support (in the  USA, using the phone number listed on the BD site), and each time, I heard the phone ring a few times, then a recorded voice said "the party is not answering.  goodbye."  So i tried to do a chat, and each time i opened a chat window, there was this message:  "agents not available."   :-\  any ideas?

• I also had issues with several computers. I sent them an email using the form on their contact page. If anyone here is outside the United States, can they tell us if they have been able to contact support with another phone number today? Thanks

Link to my post about support phone number down

/index.php?/topic/78347-bitdefender-phone-support-down&do=embed" style="height:325px;max-width:502px;">

• I don't know what started this issue or what corrected it but it is now working correctly.

• Thank you all guys for sharing and updating.

It is now working just fine for me too.

If it still not working for someone please share it here.

Thank you.

• uh...never mind.  chat is working again.  must have been off for awhile.  64 people in front of me... 

• Marius G.
    Marius G. QA Engineer BD Staff

Hello,

Earlier today a number of Bitdefender customers running consumer and GravityZone business products on Windows were presented with an error report regarding the unexpected stop of vsserv.exe. 

An engines update scheduled earlier today was not completely delivered to some customers, which caused the engines to report the error. Our automated quality control mechanisms retired the update immediately and rolled back the engines to the previous good configuration.

The update was online for 15 minutes and was received by a limited number of users.

During this window, no files were lost or removed from the devices. The rollback reverts the effects of the update and is delivered automatically. Please wait for the update and reboot your device. 

• infostruction
    edited February 2018

Thanks for confirming. During this time the phones for US, and support form did not seem to be working. US phones hung up immediately, and if calling Canada, they would keep you on hold for a short time, then disconnect the call 100% of the time.

We saw signature update around 7.74879 crashing endpoints repeatedly, and eventually it rolled itself back (if running). No other action was needed on our end.

LastUpdate.JPG

Crashing on dozens of computers.JPG

Console.JPG

• Chat support is delayed. Phone support is down. 

bitdefender chat.PNG

• Marius G.
    Marius G. QA Engineer BD Staff

Due to the large amount of phone calls and chats, the hold times have increased. With that said, I will be monitoring this thread and you can post here if you have any questions or issues related to this matter. 

• Does anyone know if uninstalling the entire Bitdefender program and then reinstalling it will do any good? This is now hours of being down and I'm still looking in a line of over 50 people in online chat. Thanks in advance if you know the answer.

• Romerton
    edited February 2018

Same thing started to happen with me today. I am using Free version. Tried reinstalling twice with no luck.

• After reinstalling again and getting an automatic update, everything seems to be working fine about 15 minutes now.

• Respectfully, today my BIS 2018 suddenly faced an error telling me ," Bitdefender Security has encountered a critical error" as my PC remained without protection, its sceenshot are not allowed to post here!!!! restating the PC was useless and I had to uninstall and reinstall again my BIS 2018 5, now it seem that it is working well but I must fear that it repeat again and again like before, 5 month ago for several weeks I had this problem , as , the BItdefender had created me a nerve war, including Bitdefender 2017 and -2016, this is my question when the bitdefender is going to end this bug problems??

• 2 minutes ago, Marius G. said:

Thanking you, but bitdefender was grayed out in Tray and can not be updated, telling the PC must be restarted, restarting the PC was also useless, and so, I had to uninstall and reinstall my BIS 2018, now it seems it is working well, but I fear that the bud again repeats like a few month ago......