Need help with the wallet

I am new to BD and hope maybe there is someone out there that can help me.  I asked support and they say they will send me a user manual.  I have already got one and the answer is not in it.

When you are in your wallet and have set the url of the site you want to go to it takes me to the site but I don't understand how you get your password in the site.  I have autofill on in the settings and have the password in the wallet.

Does it just take you to the site and then you have to manually put in your password?  I don't understand how it can put the password in for you.

I am using BD Total Security 2018

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2018

Hi Carlynn, and welcome to the forum :)

To be honest, I use LastPass exclusively, so other may have to fill in any blanks I'm missing.

It sounds like you filled in the website and passwords in the main BD Wallet module and have the Wallet icon displaying in your browser, correct?

Some web pages will automatically fill in once you click to the log in page (I tested it on another website) from the Wallet drop down/Websites. For this forum, it brought me to the web page, but didn't auto fill in until I ticked Sign In, which was then auto filled.

image.png

• Thanks for your reply.  I think I will take a look at lastpass.

I did what you did and added website forum.bitdefender.com/carlynn  then put in my password and saved it and it took me to the site but when I clicked to sign in it did not put anything in for me either user name or password.  I clicked sign in and then clicked in the place where the user name and password would go.

I find there is no instructions on how to use this from BD .  I have autofill ticked also in the settings.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2018

You're welcome, but sorry that I'm not much help with this one.

Just in case those who use Wallet routinely may have some ideas, what browser and build are you using?

Did you look through the User Guide pdfs, they do have quite a bit of information about Wallet that may be helpful.

/index.php?/topic/76622-bitdefender-2018-users-guide/&do=embed" style="height:225px;max-width:502px;">

• I use edge, internet explorer.  I see that in the instructions they do not mention edge, just IE, chrome and firefox.

I have looked all through the user guide but they do not mention how it works, just how to set up the settings.

Thanks for trying to help.

• Hi, 

The wallet does not work with Edge. You mentioned that you've contacted Support regarding this issue, can you post the ticked ID please?