Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable to download Netgear firmware

Options

Tech support has suggested I go to Netgear interface and enable the DHCP server option, however I am unable to login to my router.  Can I login to my Box and temporarily disable the DHCP server option there?  Thanks.

Comments

• SteveS
    Options

Hi tovur, I have a Netgear router. I'm also currently having issues with Bitdefender being unable to update, and just wondering if the two issues are connected.

Just curious why you can't log into your router? Is it because you don't have admin access or you don't know how to access it using a browser or Netgear Genie app? I'm not sure what your referring to when you say login to "my Box" to temporarily disable DHCP server option. That's actually confusing seeing how you say Tech support suggested enabling DHCP. Do you mean to disable or enable it?

I log into my Netgear router all the time. Also curious to know why Tech support has suggested enabling DHCP server option. Just wondering if this could be related to my issue with Bitdefender not being able to update. vsserv.exe (Bitdefender program) doesn't seem to be able to connect to the server and is using up heaps of memory running on my system.

Let me know if you need a hand accessing your Netgear router. I'm going to go see if my DHCP is enabled or not now. Might provide some insight....ya never know.

Cheers.

• SteveS
    SteveS ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options

Ah ah, just realized "my Box" is your Bitdefender Box, or I'm guessing it is anyway.

Don't know anything about those babies.