Bitdefender updated & now my computer won't restart

I'm sending this from someone else's iPad because after Bitdefender finally updated and required a restart, my laptop can't boot up. This just went from bad, to REALLY BAD! Now I can't use my computer at all. I have to use other people's devices to even communicate with you! Excuse the French but ****! You need to email me regarding this ASAP. Not sure how your going to fix it but this is serious now. The last thing I clicked on was Bitdefender's "Restart" button. NOW MY SYSTEM IS SCREWED.

Comments

• Not sure why you think BD is the cause here, Myself and thousands of others received the same update as you did and have no issues. Sounds like your having a compatibility problem with programs on your PC.  Contact support run there tool get them some logs and go from there. 

• As far as I can understand a new build has been released....could you please post version numbers? Ty

• I'm still on 22.0.19.242 from Feb 27. Haven't been prompted for a reboot yet, unless it's going to hit here later tonight or tomorrow morning?

• SteveS
    SteveS ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hi everyone, you'll be glad to hear I'm back on my laptop and it is ripping again. My HDD was badly damaged and I suspect Bitdefender put just a little too much load on it and it couldn't cope anymore. It wasn't Bitdefender's fault. Would also explain all the issues I've been having with it for awhile now. I've banged a SSD in it now and it boot_s up so fast I can't believe it. Runs better than when I bought it.

So, I apologize to Bitdefender support and just want to clarify that Bitdefender didn't wreck my computer, it was damaged goods already. Probably closed the lid and dropped it in my briefcase or something a bit too fast, whilst it was still "doin' it's thing".

Anyway, all good now, touch wood it stays that way. Bad news is my wallet weighs a bit less....doh!

Looking forward to not posting bad things on the forum for a change. Have to admit, it was driving me crazy.

Cheers and thanks for the replies and support. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Have a good weekend everyone. Beer o'clock has struck;-)

• Why does it put an underscore after boot? I tried to edit it out but it won't delete. Ah....who cares. HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN....I can play War Thunder this weekend:-)

• Also add Bitdefender has updated and she's purring like puddy cat.

Cheers.

• 43 minutes ago, SteveS said:

Also add Bitdefender has updated and she's purring like puddy cat.

Cheers.

lol...it sounds like it's all good news :) Thanks for the  the posts, Steve, it make me want to upgrade some of my HDDs to SSDs. 

• 10 hours ago, columbo said:

lol...it sounds like it's all good news :) Thanks for the  the posts, Steve, it make me want to upgrade some of my HDDs to SSDs. 

Yoa but still u dont offer here solutions, DUDE. U are a fail.

• On 5/4/2018 at 11:48 PM, columbo said:

I'm still on 22.0.19.242 from Feb 27. Haven't been prompted for a reboot yet, unless it's going to hit here later tonight or tomorrow morning?

Me too. Quite strange after a couple of days. BTW sooner or later they will release a version upgrade to ensure optimal compatibility with the upcoming W10 Spring Creators Update stable release I suppose.