Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New firmware release notes?

Options

Looks like a new firmware just hit my Box 2 this morning, version 2.1.16.13. Any release notes before I upgrade? I’m particularly waiting for the ability to select our own DNS servers rather than use my router’s, which is set to the ISP and can’t be changed. 

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi Thomas, you can find the changelog here: 

/index.php?/topic/78328-box-2-firmware-update/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 202px; max-width: 500px;">

Indeed in this update we made possible the change of DNS on BOX. You can do this form the Central app by going to Devices>>> tapping on the cogwheel or 3 dots ( depending on the device on which you have the app installed) >>> then on Network Settings.

Let us know what you think of the update.

• Thanks! Can't wait to try it out.

• I just received firmware 2.1.16.14. can we please get an update of the change log? I thought this was supposed to be posted but I can't find it.

• Can anyone provide the change log for 2.1.16.14?

I just received firmware 2.1.16.14. can we please get an update of the change log? I thought this was supposed to be posted but I can't find it.

• Brett M
    Options

1 hour ago, USBoxUser said:

Can anyone provide the change log for 2.1.16.14?

I just received firmware 2.1.16.14. can we please get an update of the change log? I thought this was supposed to be posted but I can't find it.

Bitdefender is HORRIBLE about monitoring their forums...I love their core software, but they really need to step up their support. When I was a Norton subscriber, they trolled their forums all of the time and questions were answered quickly. That is the ONLY thing I miss about Norton, if we could only combine the two...

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi everyone,

We haven't posted any release notes this time because the update had nothing released that would impact the user. We only made some changes in regards to crash events submission.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

• Thank you.