Firmware update/Guest Account

Will we have to do anything to get the guest account that was introduced with 2.1.14-9 or will it just appear in the wifi list?

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, the functionality for Guest WiFi will be implemented at a later time in the Bitdefender Central app. It will be delivered automatically through an app update.

• ok thank you

• Any idea when the guest account will be funcional?

• Any answer to when the guest account will be functional?

• As i need the guest account on my network and box 2 still doesnt have this feature i have disconnected box 2.Hopefully this feature will be implemented soon.

• Connected box 2 to see if any guest account and i can now see my guest account but it doesnt connect?B4 i could not see my guest account.Is anyone else seeing this?

• Where do you see guest account? There's a "Guest" in the users pane of the mobile app, but that doesn't seem to actually do anything, and it's not a guest network like what you've been asking for.

• brihy1
    edited April 2018

Im talking about on the wifi networks listed like on my cell phones,laptops.I see my 2.4-5g and my guest network.Like i said b4 i could only see my 2.4 & 5g networks but now i also see my guest account but cant connect to it?

• Unfortunately, it seems this product does not have much active development going on. I don't think I'll renew my subscription next year.

• On 8/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, Swears said:

Unfortunately, it seems this product does not have much active development going on. I don't think I'll renew my subscription next year.

What makes you say that?  There have been 8 firmware updates since Feb for the box 2.