Password Manager My Wallet password

Has anyone had any issue with the Password Manager not accepting your My Wallet password? I have had no issues with the feature until after it updated the program this morning and I restarted my PC. After that the My Wallet password no longer worked. Very frustrating.

Tagged:

Comments

• Look in German Forum... the same problems... the same procedure from Bitdefender... no answer... no help...

• Have had the same problem for days now , I have to reinstall bitdefender everyday to let it use my wallet password ,still no help from tech guys . at least I know its just not me

• Just back from work ..and exactly the same problem.... i am 101% certain that i dont have any typos..(verified trough txt file, check, double, check.....)

• Update : I can confirm it has something to do with the recent update..... the Wallet on my Laptop was still working until i did the "this update needs a reboot"..... now i get the password error on both my desktop and my laptop.

• I reinstalled , turned off update , wallet still working with old password after a day

• I have the same problem since last Thursday and still no technical support from Bitdefender !!!

• Update 2: Clean reinstall (prior uninstall tool) resolves this bug....BUT after it updates... same story again.....

• I can use my Master Password in My Wallet, but is not recognized anywhere else.

Also, my Game Save files under C:\User\user_name\Documents\ has been locked (without asking permission).

I feel a little (not much) easier that there others in the same boat.  8[]

• I have removed Bitdefender from my system until I get confirmation from the authors that they have fixed the problem.

I am disappointed that such a lauded antivirus program should behave in such a way.

A classic case of over-engineering.

• Been waiting on info from you tech boys about Password Manager not accepting your My Wallet password , what I can tell there is quite a few of us with the same problem . All started Thursday night Friday morning

• Same issue here. I signed up for this forum just to come post about it, and then I see a bunch of other replies from users saying the same thing. I hope we can get some sort of statement about the issue from Bitdefender, followed by a quick fix. 

• Same issue here. Bitdefender please give us a statement about this issue, which is HUGE for many users. 

• Fixed????

I am not sure. I did many tests with password with an without special characters. The only situation the wallet stays accassible is by using passwords with no special characters, only numbers and letters.

Now i installed the software, waited till alle updates were installed (reboot) and then created a wallet with a password only containing numbers and letters wich is still working after several days.

Neither did I got a reaction from Bitdefender so i am not 100% sure that this is a good solution for the time being.

• Tygrtraxx
    Tygrtraxx
    edited April 2018

I'm also having the same problem :/. Hopefully they fix this sometime soon.

Edit: Going to submit a ticket in case this thread doesn't get any attention or they're not aware of the problem.

• they know all about this problem... see German and France Forum...

• Hi. Also got problem with my Wallet with the right Password. I hope they fix this soon. /Andte

• If you forgot the master password for your Wallet, it can not be reset or restored for security reasons. We recommend you the following: delete the current database (wallet) and create a new one. To do this, follow the instructions below.

1. Restart your computer in safe mode.

2. Once your computer boot_s in safe mode, delete all files inside this folder:

C: \ ProgramData \ Bitdefender \ PasswordManager \ S-1-5-21-1755549283-2148445093-3383773989-1002

Note: this folder is hidden by default.

Folder: S-1-5-21-1755549283-2148445093-3383773989-1002 may differ from yours and be given as a template.

3. After removing all found files, restart the computer

4. Open Bitdefender and create a new wallet.

• No, I have not forgotten the master password, it works just fine for the Wallet module.  It's all the other modules that require the password that is the problem.

• uh, no, I have not forgotten the master password that I have been using every single day for 3-4 years, every single day, without a single problem. That's over a 1,000 days without a single problem. Please stop insulting Bitdefender customers, Rampant. Your post is an insult when there is obviously a major problem. 

If they problem for whatever reason cannot be fixed, tell us that, so we can find personalized ways of dealing with it. If the problem can be fixed, then fix the problem. This is terrible customer service and I will think again before renewing my subscription and definitely will not be recommending this product to others. If it isn't fixed, or we don't get an update sometime soonish I will also be contacting various tech and enthusiast websites to alert them to the problem that Bitdefender seems to be completely ignoring. Maybe some negative press will get us some actual customer service.  

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2018

For the time being, did anyone try Gideon's above post idea of creating a new Wallet using only letters and numbers? Maybe that's why all of my wallets are working, and maybe why others who have not posted with this issue haven't had this problem?

/index.php?/profile/213822-timedog/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213822" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213822-timedog/" rel="">@Timedog I know you're frustrated with the lack of acknowledgement of this issue from tech support on the forum (it was one of the reasons I left BD for a while) but I thought Rampant's post was informative and very much appreciate and learn from his work and insights here on this forum. He's good people with a good heart. Just saying :)

• 12 minutes ago, columbo said:

Rampant's post was informative and very much appreciate his work and insight here on this forum. He's good people with a good heart. Just saying

Thank you, friend, for the warm words! I really did not want to offend anyone, but if the wallet does not accept the master password, then nothing can be done, and technical support will not help, I posted here, the official answer, how to create a new password database.

• 58 minutes ago, columbo said:

For the time being, did anyone try Gideon's above post idea of creating a new Wallet using only letters and numbers? Maybe that's why all of my wallets are working, and maybe why others who have not posted with this issue haven't had this problem?

/index.php?/profile/213822-timedog/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213822" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213822-timedog/" rel="">@Timedog<snip>

@columbo

My master password (13 characters long) has always had plain text with capitals and numbers since purchasing the BD in 2016 and upgrading to BD 2018 last week.

I now regret the $145 for five machines and 2 years subscription.

• 1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Thank you, friend, for the warm words! I really did not want to offend anyone, but if the wallet does not accept the master password, then nothing can be done, and technical support will not help, I posted here, the official answer, how to create a new password database.

Wrong... regarding the french and german support forum.... they know about this issue and are working on a fix...... but the communication about this problem is still utter garbage.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2018

On 4/24/2018 at 12:55 PM, Pelleigh said:

I have removed Bitdefender from my system until I get confirmation from the authors that they have fixed the problem.

I am disappointed that such a lauded antivirus program should behave in such a way.

A classic case of over-engineering.

I tend to agree with that, fix one thing, break another? I wish they would just fix and maintain a stable years build (from my understanding 2016 was a good year) for 2-3 years and then also focus on support. I think this would draw and keep more customers than each year trying to add more modules and features to keep ahead of other vendors. Stick with this years 2018 features and protection and perfect it for the next couple of years, would go a lot further, IMO.

1 hour ago, Pelleigh said:

@columbo

My master password (13 characters long) has always had plain text with capitals and numbers since purchasing the BD in 2016 and upgrading to BD 2018 last week.

I now regret the $145 for five machines and 2 years subscription.

Thanks for that input. So it sounds like it's more random as far as this issue. If only support on this forum would ask for log files to see if there's something in common as far as a fix, unless that's already been done and asked for on the French and German forums as per Berti84's post? 

• Berti84
    edited April 2018

All i can say..... if i uninstall BD2018...... and do a clean reinstall of BD2018 trough Bitdefender Central.......my wallet works again.....UNTIL the updates apply and i have to reboot. Strangley enough..... my second Wallet has EXACTLY the same PW ....and it works....... even after the updates. But my main Wallet with 100+ Pw malfunctions after the update process. So it is a strange problem and i am really p*ssed that there is no official sticky about that!

• Me to cannot open my wallet.. please fix this bitdefender.

• Me to, just cannot open my wallet today. Maybe problem cause i'm using special character, capital, and number.

• HI Everyone,

I may have a fix for this issue. It's been a week since I lost access and I think this method might work.

1) Uninstall BitDefender

2) Reinstall BitDefender

3) Once installed sign in to your account to verify your subscription

4)Proceed to update the software using the "Update Now" link on the main BitDefender screen and reboot the system once the update is complete. 

** DO NOT LOGIN TO YOUR WALLET**

5) Continue to select the "Update Now" link until there are no more updates.

6) If software is up-to-date then go to the Privacy screen and select your wallet and login.

This process worked for me. Let me know if any of you have the same success.

• Thanks for your post, but until I receive notification of an official upgrade/patch I will not be re-installing Bitdefender.

• Yeah i had same problem but then i got help from Gods of software development now i pass knowledge to you.
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11531/

• 6 hours ago, TonyS said:

Yeah i had same problem but then i got help from Gods of software development now i pass knowledge to you.

Ty it worked!

• Hi, 

Very sorry for the delay. 

Should you still be having issues with this, please contact our team at bitsy@bitdefender.com Thank you!

• 1 hour ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

Very sorry for the delay. 

Should you still be having issues with this, please contact our team at bitsy@bitdefender.com Thank you!

No, I don't have the problem anymore. I uninstalled the program and requested a refund.  I will be monitoring this Forum for an official  upgrade

which solves the Master Password problem and not just a workaround.

Important and vital programs like Bitdefender must just work out of the box with no issues for the end user to 'fix'.

• On 2018-04-28 at 3:11 AM, TonyS said:

Yeah i had same problem but then i got help from Gods of software development now i pass knowledge to you.

Ty this solved my problem! I copied my .db file and then uppgrade it with Bitdefender Wallet Upgrade Tool. Then I created a new wallet and imported then upgraded .db file and it worked. :)

• On 4/27/2018 at 9:11 PM, TonyS said:

Thank you, this solved my problem also :).

• Well, Bitdefender gives a lot of work, but this solves my problem indeed. Phew...

• Hi, will we ever get a solution when we get an update for that problem of not recognising the password, I just don't understand that you cannot solve the problem. The first solution that I received from you did not worked, since I lost 2 hours on it, I am waiting for the update....

• This did nothing to solve my problem. A support person contacted me and told me to copy the entire folder, instead of just the .db file. Tried that, still get an error when using the wallet upgrade tool. Fix this!