Delete a wallet

I have forgotten the password to my Wallet, so I created a new one & that is now active. How can I delete the old wallet that is no longer the active one? There does not seem to be an option to do this.

Comments

• Hello :)

Try this, go to the Privacy window/View Features/click on My Wallets/and the 3 dots to the right should give you the option to delete it, even if it's not open (due to not having the password).

Does this work in your case?

841050523_deletewallet.PNG.35209d90ee9e32be9597840de6eeab17.PNG

• SproutingVeg
    edited May 2018

No, the 3 dots is not there for the inactive wallet, which is the one I want to delete.:-

wallets.png

• I'm not sure doing a uninstall/reinstall would correct this issue, as it would probably repopulate the old Wallet again.

You could always open a ticket with bitsy@bitdefender.com and let them know what's going on. Submit this image along with your Central email account for starters and see what they can do for you.

• Hi, 

The wallet can be deleted in Safe Mode from the following location:

- C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\PasswordManager\S-1-5-21-998096747-9218995-4070581759-XXXX 

The XXXX at the end will be some random combination of numbers on your computer.

I'd recommend exporting the current wallet , then deleting the contents of the folder mentioned above (just its contents, not the folder itself). You can then re-import the wallet that you are currently using. 

• Nice post, Sergiu :)

• Thanks, I'll do that.

• I have just had a look at this in Safe Mode, it would seem that there are three files per wallet, but which ones relate to the wallet that is not active?

Program Data files.png

• columbo
    columbo
    edited May 2018

Looking at the date of the Wallet you created on 12/04/18 (April 12th) that was the old one you forgot the password for, correct, and just delete those entries?

Remember to back up, export your current Wallet before doing any deleting, then delete those files. Otherwise, you may have to delete them all as that's what it sounds like Sergiu was implying since there seems to be only 1 pwdman-settings.xml file, but why not try just those older dated ones first and see what happens? It's up to you, shotgun approach or whittle away at it and give us a report back. :)

• Hi, 

The information you need is in pwdman.xml (which you can edit with Notepad). It will tell you which file corresponds to which wallet and you will also need to delete its corresponding entry from the .xml file. 

I thought it might be easier for you to just delete all the files and re-import the wallet after restarting,, as it doesn't take very long to export and import a wallet. The steps for exporting and importing a wallet can be found in our article: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2108/

• Thanks. What I did, in the end, was to export the new one, then delete it from the BD interface. Then deleted all files in that folder whilst in safe mode. Now all is OK.

• On 5/11/2018 at 10:16 AM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

The information you need is in pwdman.xml (which you can edit with Notepad). It will tell you which file corresponds to which wallet and you will also need to delete its corresponding entry from the .xml file. 

I thought it might be easier for you to just delete all the files and re-import the wallet after restarting,, as it doesn't take very long to export and import a wallet. The steps for exporting and importing a wallet can be found in our article: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2108/

Hi Sergui,

Just thought I would share my experience with importing a wallet file from a different machine, When importing a wallet db file from a different machine, I guess when I selected associate w/ Firefox on the pc importing to, I didnt realize BD would automatically populate the newly imported file with any info not in the original machine(firefox also).Due to the fact this pc is much older , I wound up with MANY OLD creds urls passwords etc. It has taken 24 hrs to figure this out. Support was less than clear. Perhaps mentioning this in the import / export URL would save someone the angst. I only wanted a wallet I had compiled myself to be moved from one system to another.

Thanks for your help in this thread!

Don