Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus cannot show anti theft message when mobile screen is locked

Options
DrSiva
DrSiva
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Dear Forum members,

Previously I am user of Mobile Security & Antivirus  apps like Kaspersky , ESet and Norton. Now, I switched to Bitdefender Mobile security and Antivirus due to various positive reviews. But I am facing the following issues of Bitdefender mobile security.

1)I tried to test the anti theft functionality of it. So, I sent a message from Bitdefender Central to my mobile.Unfortunately the message was not shown on the mobile screen when my mobile was locked by me.If my mobile is unlocked it shows the message. I am amazed at its functionality.As the other anti virus apps shows message although the screen is locked.

2 ) When I sent lock command from Bitdefender Central it locks my mobile  but does not show any message whereas other security apps shows message that this mobile is locked by ... security.Please return to its owner.The owner number is .. I  think it is ideal for lost or stolen device.Why Bitdefender does not lock like this ?

3) Account privacy shows 3 leaks for my email account.As suggested by the app. I visited the websites which had leaks and changed passwords.Now , I opened My account details which leaks and I swiped from left to right and selected ok mark .Again the security shows same leaks.

I consulted Bitdefender customer support for fixing them none have helped me.

Please kindly help me.

Regards

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hello, 

The first 2 points are features that Bitdefender does not have. The functionality you've noticed is correct at this time (though it could change in the future). 

For the 3rd point, even if you change your passwords the leaks will not disappear. Your account is checked against databases of known data leaks and the entries from these databases are not delete if you change the password for that account. We would not be able to determine if you changed the password anyway, though perhaps a feature could be implemented to manually hide a previous leak from being displayed. 

• DrSiva
    Options

23 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hello, 

The first 2 points are features that Bitdefender does not have. The functionality you've noticed is correct at this time (though it could change in the future). 

For the 3rd point, even if you change your passwords the leaks will not disappear. Your account is checked against databases of known data leaks and the entries from these databases are not delete if you change the password for that account. We would not be able to determine if you changed the password anyway, though perhaps a feature could be implemented to manually hide a previous leak from being displayed. 

Thank you so much for your reply.I hope the future versions of Bitdefender Mobile security will include them . Especially the 1 and 3 options will be implemented.

• If everything worked well, now you know your Android device’s location. However, if something went wrong along the way, or if you cannot use your Bitdefender Central account, you might want to use an SMS command to find the location of your smartphone.

• zoza12
    edited September 2018
    Options

20 hours ago, zoza12 said:

If everything worked well, now you know your Android device’s location. However, if something went wrong along the way, or if you cannot use youryou might want to use an SMS command to find the location of your smartphone  Bluestacks TextNow Photomath