Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocking everything

Options

This is pretty much as the title says and is very annoying. Anything and everything that saves any files to my documents (games, apps, programs) are being blocked by the crazy safe files system. Whats the point of this system if it wont let anything run at all, just auto blocks anything accessing anything in documents. Doesn't even give a popup asking if the running program should be allowed. Just blocks it from running. 

This seems like a very broken mechanic. The only real option is to just turn it off. There's protection and there's full on blocking all access by anything, safe files seems to be the latter.

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

Safe Files should block any app that is not digitally signed. The article linked below has instructions on how you can allow your apps to modify files in the protected folders:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2025/

• Today I started Windows an got spammed by OneDrive error dialogs saying that OneDrive cannot access "C:\Users\Martin\OneDrive".

So OneDrive that is shipped with Windows 10 is a not digitally signed application? I can't believe that, somehow...

Furtermore Spotify got blocked from accessing C:\Users\Public\Music

I am using OneDrive, Spotify and Bitdefender a long time now (with protected folders function enabled). Theses issues appeared just today.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

/index.php?/profile/212794-dermaddin/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/212794-dermaddin/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="212794" rel="">@DerMaddin

The issue with OneDrive is a known issue.  Please disable the module "Safe Files", "Gear Icon (Settings)", "Protection at Boot".

This problem affects one of my two computers randomly, both running BDTS 2018.  We are waiting for a fix for this issue.

I can't speak to Spotify, since I don't use it.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

Safe Files should not block One Drive/ Spotify , can you contact us at bitsy@bitdefender.com so that we can further investigate this situation? Thank you!

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    Options

On 5/22/2018 at 10:08 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Safe Files should block any app that is not digitally signed

There are viruses, with a digital signature, how will the antivirus respond?

• Sergiu C.
    Options

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

There are viruses, with a digital signature, how will the antivirus respond?

Not all modules focus on digital signatures as Safe Files. Advanced Thread Defense will identify malware based on its behavior and there is also the antivirus module which uses virus signatures to identify malware. 

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    Options

2 minutes ago, Sergiu C. said:

Not all modules focus on digital signatures as Safe Files. Advanced Thread Defense will identify malware based on its behavior and there is also the antivirus module which uses virus signatures to identify malware.

Thank you! Does it have antivirus, white and black lists of digital signatures?