2.1.20.18 Firmware update

My box will not update to firmware 2.1.20.18 from 2.1.20.17. When I attempt to manually update I receive the error "An error occurred while initiating the command. Please try again!"

Has anyone else experienced this?

I attempted to reboot the box 2 and try again but I receive the same error. Everything else seems to be functioning correctly.

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, could you please provide us with the email address you used for the BOX setup through a private message so that we can take a look at the account?

• Message has been sent with my account email address.

• Michael_BD

Thank you very much for the message. We looked over the account and it seems that you have the automatic updates disabled. Could you please enable them from the Central app >>> Devices tab >>> Settings button (from the top right corner)  >>> Firmware information. From here, please make sure you have the automatic updates enabled.

Once you do this, the update will be done shortly.

Let me know how it goes.

• It took a few hours but it did update with the automatic update turned on.

However, I prefer manually updating the box in case other users report issues with the update I can defer installing it. I never had any issues manually installing the updates before this one. Is there any way to get this working again?

• Michael_BD

I'm glad you were able to update BOX to the latest firmware. It seems that the update task for your account did not reach our servers and this is the reason why the manual update did not work. We took precautions so that won't happen again. However, we recommend that you keep the automatic updates enabled at all times so that you benefit from the latest updates immediately. I can assure you that we do extensive testing on each update before releasing and the risk of a faulty update is close to 0%.