Android volume banner timeout.

Hello! 

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I have a Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra mobile phone (Android) with the paid version of Bitdefender Security app installed. Ever since I installed the app, I noticed that whilst watching any video clips on my phone, if I increase or decrease the volume, the volume banner at the top remains at the top for around 15 seconds. I have to press somewhere on the video playing to remove the banner sooner. Before I installed the Bitdefender Security app, the timeout of the volume banner was no more than 3 seconds.

I have done some research into this hoping to find a solution. Apparently this is a common issue when apps are granted accessibility services. On Android, Settings, Accessibility, Services. I see here listed 'Bitdefender Mobile Security', with 'ON' written underneath. Turning this accessibility service off is possible and resolves the volume issue. However turning it off also disables 'Web Protection' in Bitdefender. At the moment Web Protection is turned on for the Chrome browser.

I think this is a bug that Bitdefender need to address. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank you. Looking forward to reading any replies.

Alicia. 

Comments