FREE upgrade to 2019 crapware!

I am so annoyed at present.

After over a month of nagging popups saying upgrade you 2015 Bitdefender Anti Virus to 2019, I now have NO anti-virus protection and I am not able to access the user interface.

Update 98% failed, contact support. Start creating a ticket, give all details and FAIL!!

I even asked Bitdefender, here and then via a Ticket if the upgrade would be okay on my system and they said yes.

What the are these, new files/programs running? bdredline.exe, ProductAgentService.exe and bdservicehost.exe.

This is ridiculous.

Del

PS

I really hope this upgrade is just Bitdefender Anti Virus 2019 and not some bloatware version of Anti Virus.

Comments

• It must be something on your end I just updated 3 pc's this weekend (two w7,8.1,10) not one issue, hang in there they'll figure it out for ya.

• 11 minutes ago, daman1 said:

It must be something on your end I just updated 3 pc's this weekend (two w7,8.1,10) not one issue, hang in there they'll figure it out for ya.

Thank you for the reply.

I just do not understand be using since 2011 and the first time I have had issues with the software.

• daman1
    edited July 2018

Im sure your Pc and programs have changed since then.

Did you use there uninstall tool?, do a clean uninstall/reboot then dl.

• Just now, daman1 said:

Im sure your Pc and programs have changed since then.

Did you use there uninstall tool?, do a clean uninstall/reboot then dl.

Yes, it was Bitdefender's annoying popup.

Clicked upgrade and un-installed with a nice reboot, then installed and notified success. No access to the user interface and no updates.

• daman1
    edited July 2018

Reboot Pc/run there 2018 stand alone uninstall tool/reboot again/go to your BD central and DL 2019 following the prompts.

Turn off/disable any other security software.

• @daman1

Resolved.

Who would have thought, the email registered to the product all those years ago would work.

So now, my question is do I have to stay logged into Bitdefender to receive updates?

Plus all the extra trash "exe" files now running in the background. It was bad enough that updatesrv.exe sat there in the background when not being used.

I am going to stop for tonight, as I am annoyed with Bitdefender and need to calm down.

• No you can log out of BD central.

I've found 2019 is looking light!

• I have BD in the game profile mode.

Can I go back to 2015 version, that was just Anti Virus protection.

Cheers BITDEFENDER for causing stress to the MAX since 25th June 2018!!!

Utterly Ridiculous.

BD blocks fallout 4.PNG

• ok2016
    edited July 2018

Go to protected folders settings in Bitdefender and delete documents (that will not delete your files just remove that folder from Protected folders) from there... or add exception for fallout 4. read manual... protected fodlers cant be accesed without permission.  There is LEARN MORE button on your screenshot. Bitdefender is working as intended.

• /index.php?/profile/214217-del-uk/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214217" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214217-del-uk/" rel="">@Del--UK - The Safe Files popup is telling you that Fallout 4 Launcher was attempting to change or delete files in your Documents folder which is to prevent ransomware/malware from accessing your documents. If you prefer you can de-activate the Safe Files feature, or else it would be best to click on the "Add a new application to the list" to add Fallout4 to the list of software that you're choosing to grant access to your Documents folder data.

• BD is doing its job!!,

add exclusions  or deactivate as said above.

• Thank you for the replies, I do appreciate the advice.

Maybe I have not explained the situation correctly?

I had Bitdefender Anti Virus 2015 (Been using BD-AV since 2011)

So when I "upgraded" to different year version, I was expecting different user interface but, not all the extra bloatware/not required ware/ crapware.

Why did they not say, we are going to install the following and give me the option of what I would like installed?

Bottom line, it should have been anti-virus only and not all the extra crap that I do not require. I did not have any issues until this ad/marketing ploy that they placed onto my system during an update. All notifications were turned off in software, this was not an email invite, this was a silent backdoor without my knowledge intrusion.

Before this update, these programs would run in the background.

vsserv.exe

updatesrv.exe (Which in my mind should only have been running at the time of updates)

downloader.exe (Which ran when it wished to even though, I had set update time)

These are the extra programs that have installed.

BDservicehost.exe (No idea what this is as yet)

bdredline.exe (No idea as yet)

bdagent.exe (That's back but will find away to block that loading)

bdwtxag.exe (That's back Again easy enough to block that)

I will finish this with, all I require is Anti Virus software. I do not require a program to warn me a game I play is altering files or Paintshop is altering files, Outlook and Word have opened and are trying to alter files.

This is good for someone with a new computer but, this was an upgrade of someone who has used BD software since 2011.

Del

• Fenderman1
    edited July 2018

@Del-UK You CAN have Antivirus only if that's what you want. I assume you're in the UK so check this out.

https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions

• 13 hours ago, Fenderman1 said:

@Del-UK You CAN have Antivirus only if that's what you want. I assume you're in the UK so check this out.

https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions

Hi Fenderman1,

I had an Anti Virus only before and with a "free upgrade" that is what I was expecting. I do not see why I should pay again.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

8 hours ago, Del--UK said:

Hi Fenderman1,

I had an Anti Virus only before and with a "free upgrade" that is what I was expecting. I do not see why I should pay again.

Although 2019 has been released, they are still fixing the bugs/glitches/kinks. When they are satisfied, if you have any remaining time on your 2018, it will upgrade through an update automatically. (Free upgrade) I have had it happen to me on a regular basis. This time, I took advantage of the discount offering, so I didn't have to wait.

• /index.php?/profile/189001-mdgboxx/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="189001" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/189001-mdgboxx/" rel="">@mdgboxx

Thanks for the advice.

They are still fixing issues, hmmm, maybe that is why there is no control over components of the software you wish to use and load up at the system start? (Bootup and restarts)

Maybe I have missed the interface I need, where I can stop the bloatware parts and unexplained services that load?

What is Redline?

What are the auxiliary components, that are loaded?

BD2019 services.PNG

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

/index.php?/profile/214217-del-uk/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214217" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214217-del-uk/" rel="">@Del--UK

I would hope that you could find this information in the "user's guide", or contact Support directly.

Open BD Dashboard, open Support (bottom), it gives you three options.

• Hello, 

The Bitdefender Redline service is a backup service for the update service. The Bitdefender Auxiliary Service/ Bitdefender service host is being used as a replacement for some of the functions of the Bitdefender Virus Shield Service from previous versions. 

• Hi Sergiu C.,

Thanks for the reply.

I fully admit I do not understand programming but, when I see extra programs taking up more resources from my system I have to question why.

A backup service for an update service that stays on all the time even when hours for update are set. (IE 8 hours set, in my mind it should on activate every 8 hours)That has to be a joke?

Bottom line is this version on Bitdefender 2019 Anti Virus Plus for me to far too controlling over 2015 version. I do not require a program to tell me that a program I am using is writing data to the disk. “Turn it off then!!” It is turned off but, is still there working without notifying. (Maybe Process Explorer is wrong?   Same resources used when on or off, surely less resources would be used when off?)

With hindsight would not have taken the free upgrade.

Is there a hidden advanced user interface/control panel I can access, so that I can just have Anti Virus protection and turn off the rest from ever starting?

Del

• On 8/1/2018 at 3:41 PM, mdgboxx said:

/index.php?/profile/214217-del-uk/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214217" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214217-del-uk/" rel="">@Del--UK

I would hope that you could find this information in the "user's guide", or contact Support directly.

Open BD Dashboard, open Support (bottom), it gives you three options.

Hi mdgboxx,

I did and it failed! I have not just come here ranting, I have tried so much to correct this before posting even to the point of system not booting up normally and having to correct via safe mode and once using a boot rescue USB, that I use on regular basis for helping other people with bad anti-virus software that has let malicious website take advantage.

Cheers for advice.

@general replies

To all who may reply in future about reading the manual. Please, let me know where that file is stored on the system. (Is it in C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent or C:\Program Files\Bitdefender)

Del