Error code -3

I just upgraded my Windows 7 PC from Total Security 2018 to Total Security 2019. I received the following notification after the upgrade:

image.png.38392d41b88c33a84505d51efefdb02a.png

When I launch my browser (Chrome), I also receive a message that I am unsafe.

Comments

• Here is the message I received in Chrome:

image.png.4634084b1930f7edd6368a7aec2bef79.png

• I finally got the update to work by following the instructions on the following link: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10643/ Had to edit my Stealth settings for my network adapter by disabling it. Odd thing is, after the update I turned it back on and the next update worked fine. Go figure.

In order to access some of my usual websites (one was Facebook) that were not loading, I had to disable the new Encrypted Web Scan listed under Online Threat Protection.

• Hi, 

Regarding the error in Chrome, can you try the following?

- press Windows start button and type certmgr.msc, then press Enter

- select Trusted Root Certificates > Certificates 

- right click on Certificates and choose All Tasks > Import 

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

- click Automatically select the certificate store > Next > Finish

Then check if websites load with Encrypted Web Scan enabled. 

• I tried your suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. I had to disable Encrypted Web Scan again.

I want to mention that I had no "Bitdefender Security" folder. The fake-ca.crt file was located in C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017\mitm_cache. Even though I am using the 2019 program, the folder says Bitdefender 2017. The file is dated 22/09/2018.

• I uninstalled Chrome and then downloaded and reinstalled Chrome. That's it! It took only a few minutes and now Encrypted Web Scan is enabled and I am having no problems with sites not loading.

• Arrgh! I rebooted my PC and once again I could not access some websites in Chrome. I had to disable Encrypted Web Scan again.

• Hi,

I've locked this thread as it has been continued in:

/index.php?/topic/79436-encrypted-web-scan-disabling/&tab=comments&do=embed&comment=285517&embedComment=285517&embedDo=findComment#comment-285517" style="overflow: hidden; height: 261px; max-width: 502px;">

This discussion has been closed.