Changing Time of Day for Updates?

CMD68
edited September 2018 in Update

I am kind of blown away that I am not allowed to choose what time of day Bitdefender runs its 12 hour updates (2018 version)?  It updates every day @ 10:30am & pm.  This was never an issue before, but now I wake up @ 5am every weekday, and my workstation in my bedroom wakes me up an hour after I go to bed!  The only solution I have is to turn off the autopilot, which seems totally counterproductive.  I also just learned that in the 2019 version, there is no longer an option to even turn off the autopilot?  Why is Bitdefender making their product even less user-friendly?  And of course, there is no way to have it update every 24 hours as opposed to 12, so now I have to turn it off before bed every night, and remember to turn it on every morning before work.  This really stinks.  Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Hi,

We apologize for any frustration that this behavior might have caused for you.

Just to get a better understanding of this situation, can you please let us know if the device in question is configured to have it's screen dimmed/shut down after being idle for a while or if it was set to go to sleep/hibernate at that time interval?

Additionally, please let us know if you currently have "Silent update" enabled under Settings -> Update.

Lastly, please note that our 2019 product does allow you to set your update intervals at up to every 24 hours.

Thanks!

• Hi Stefan,

We seem to have lost the option to permanently disable automatic updates. It used to be there and the reason I mention this is that today, BD automatically dowloaded an update and bugged me twice to reboot my machine during a presentation at a customer's office. Unacceptable behaviour. Since I have always operated BD with automatic updates disabled, I suppose at some stage BD unilaterally decided to reactivate same........ again, unacceptable behaviour.

How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

Regards,

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 3.37.03 PM.png

• So now there's another issue. I tried to find a way to do a manual update, as has been my method for past years. I don't see a way to do so. I started a "Deep scan" and within seconds a "pop-up" appeared, stopping the scan and advising my definitions were out-of-date and I should immediately download about 44MB of updates.

This behaviour is unacceptable. I DO NOT WANT BD TO CONTROL MY APPLICATION. I WISH TO EXERT MANUAL CONTROL. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? 

Regards,

• No reply BD? No answer? I'm on the verge of uninstalling BD and will not renew my subscription.