Database locked problem

Hello,

I have asked a question in a support ticket but without any luck. Now I try here in this forum.

I have made (in Delphi) a program that writes to a sqlite database. This is a simple stand-alone solution. Now something is blocking for the programs attempt to writing to the databse. There is a an error message: [FireDAC][Phys][SQLite] Database is locked.

A friend of mine has analysed the scenario and tells me that BitDefender is the Problem.  In BitDefender "Application Access" I have given my program permission to "Work". 

Any solution on how to "tell" BitDefender that it is OK to make changes in my database?

Best Regards

Lars

Comments

• Hi Lars, 

Please try to disable Safe Files and Ransomware Remediation under Protection. If the program works with these modules disabled, you can re-enable them, and add the app to exceptions under both modules. 

• Hej Sergiu,

I have tried your advice, but unfortunately without any luck. The Database still shows the same error. 

If you havre any alternative ideas please let me know. It is really a big frustration !!!

• Hi, 

Can you check if any of the files involved are set as read-only?

If yes disable that option then try again, while keeping Ransomware Remediation and Safe Files disabled. 

If the issue continues, we would need to find out the culprit module, and you need to disable the other Bitdefender modules, as described here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13426/

• Hi,

And thank you very much Sergiu. I appreciate your help very much!!!!!   

The fileexplorer showed that the file (=my database) in %programdata% was writeprotected, but changing that did unfortunately solved the problem. Now I will try to Work through the guide in your link to find the culprit module. 

If it turns out that BitDefender is not the problem after all I guess it leves me with some kind of protections from Windows10 (not beeing able to write certain folders etc). Does any other general reason comes to your mind?

Best Regards

Lars 

• Hi ,

I have tried to disable everythinh according to the guide. But the problem is still there. Is it safe to conclude that BitDefender is not the culprit ?

What about Windows Defender Antivirus? What about W10's rules on witing to files in folders (security tab)?

Best Regards

Lars

• /index.php?/profile/215073-larshgf/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215073" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215073-larshgf/" rel="">@larshgf

If your program also works in Safe Mode , or Safe Mode with Networking, you could try that, as the Bitdefender services are completely disabled there. That would help ruling out Bitdefender. (though the definitive test would be to try in normal mode, with Bitdefender uninstalled, since not only Bitdefender is disabled in Safe Mode). 

Regarding Windows Defender,  I would think only the the Ransomware Protection module might interfere? It's described here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/ransomware-protection-section-included-in-windows-10s-spring-creators-update/