Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Total Security 2019 won't install

I was having trouble with BD 2019 so I uninstalled using the reinstall option from the Programs menu.  I went to BD central and selected install protection on this device.  Downloaded the file and ran it.  All I get is an initial screen the says BD is preparing to install; this lasts only a few seconds and disappears, then nothing further happens.

I tried running the BD 2019 uninstaller which says it completed successfully and tried installing again; same result.

Any ideas?

Comments

• So after many attempts here is what has been happening:

When I start the installation file a screen comes up saying BD is preparing to install (it disappears immediately) after about 12 minutes a screen comes up saying Preparing your BD product, that lasts about 8 minutes.  At each successive step in the process there is a lag of from 7 to 12 minutes.  Finally, BD says it is installed and I get the screen "Start using BD".  I press this and about 3 minutes later I get a sign-on screen.  After filling in my account name & password the process fails with a message: "bitdefender agent unable to connect to server"

This is as far as I ever get.  There seems to be no way to get BD to sign-in and complete the process.

Please help!  I have been at this for 6 hours now and have no protection on my computer.

• Hi, 

We've replied to your support case on the matter. 

Thank you.

• On 11/3/2018 at 10:57 PM, Firecapt said:

So after many attempts here is what has been happening:

When I start the installation file a screen comes up saying BD is preparing to install (it disappears immediately) after about 12 minutes a screen comes up saying Preparing your BD product, that lasts about 8 minutes.  At each successive step in the process there is a lag of from 7 to 12 minutes.  Finally, BD says it is installed and I get the screen "Start using BD".  I press this and about 3 minutes later I get a sign-on screen.  After filling in my account name & password the process fails with a message: "bitdefender agent unable to connect to server"

This is as far as I ever get.  There seems to be no way to get BD to sign-in and complete the process.

Please help!  I have been at this for 6 hours now and have no protection on my computer.

Same here. I feel ripped off. Absolute bullsh*t

• On 11/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, Firecapt said:

I was having trouble with BD 2019 so I uninstalled using the reinstall option from the Programs menu.  I went to BD central and selected install protection on this device.  Downloaded the file and ran it.  All I get is an initial screen the says BD is preparing to install; this lasts only a few seconds and disappears, then nothing further happens.

I tried running the BD 2019 uninstaller which says it completed successfully and tried installing again; same result.

Any ideas?

Oh and I should add that since its "installed" my PC is f**ked - apps and games just randomly crash after a few minutes (if they even get that far....)

BitDefenderSux1.JPG

BitDefenderSux2.JPG

• 13 hours ago, stevie73 said:

Same here. I feel ripped off. Absolute bullsh*t

13 hours ago, stevie73 said:

Oh and I should add that since its "installed" my PC is f**ked - apps and games just randomly crash after a few minutes (if they even get that far....)

BitDefenderSux1.JPG

BitDefenderSux2.JPG

Hi, 

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've replied to your ticket so that we can further investigate the reported issues. 

Thanks.