Is it possible to rollback to BTS 2018?


I upgraded to 2019. Very disappointed in many of its features. Would like to revert to 2018 without the constant 2019 upgrade nag screens. Or are we forced to use 2019 ?

Comments


  • Is it possible to block the update to the 2019 version?

    As I already wrote in the other post this blocks the PC.

    Thank you


  • Hi, 


    Bitdefender Total Security 2018 can no longer be installed. If you encounter any issues with the new version, I recommend contacting support at [email protected] 



    Thank you!


  • OK. Let's start with Encrypted Web Scan has to be disabled in order to work with Firefox, which causes a "Red X" on the status page. (I wonder how many firefox users are out there) Secondly, there's the issue with AntiSpam only functional on specific ports. My ISP (one of the largest in USA) requires ports 993/587 POP3 or IMAP, neither of which BTS 2019 seem to support. These are two deficiencies to start with. I'll settle for these being corrected. If not BTS 2019 doesn't work for me and I'd guess there's a few thousand other users in the same boat. Your choice .....



  • 15 hours ago, Harold said:



    OK. Let's start with Encrypted Web Scan has to be disabled in order to work with Firefox, which causes a "Red X" on the status page. (I wonder how many firefox users are out there) Secondly, there's the issue with AntiSpam only functional on specific ports. My ISP (one of the largest in USA) requires ports 993/587 POP3 or IMAP, neither of which BTS 2019 seem to support. These are two deficiencies to start with. I'll settle for these being corrected. If not BTS 2019 doesn't work for me and I'd guess there's a few thousand other users in the same boat. Your choice .....



    Hello Harold, 


     


    With regards to the error in Firefox, please follow these steps:


     


    - open Firefox


    - press on the menu button in the upper right that looks like three bars one under another


    - go to Options


    - go to Privacy & Security


    - press on View certificates


    - go to Authorities


    - delete any Bitdefender entries in the list


    - press on Import


    - navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache


    - select fake-ca.crt and press on Open


    - check all the boxes you are prompted with


    - press on next until the certificate is installed


    - in the same certificate window, click on the Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender certificate, then on Edit Trust


    - check the box "This certificate can identify web sites"


    Restart Firefox . A restart of the computer may also be required.


     


    Regarding the Antispam module, it is true that it does not work on those ports, nor on IMAP, though the same was true in the previous version of Bitdefender. Antispam supports only the following ports:


    POP3: 110, 995

    SMTP: 25, 465 (through SSL only)


    Unfortunately there is no workaround available, if different ports are used. I can only recommend using what built-in features your email client may have to identify junk mail 


  • Thank you for the timely response.


    I imported the certificate as you suggested. It seems to be working fine now.


    As for the Outlook/Comcast email problems, I played around with different port numbers and SSL/TLS settings and found a combination that is working for now.


         Incoming POP3: 995 & SSL


         Outgoing SMTP: 465 & SSL


    Hopefully everything is sorted out now.


    Again, thank you for your assistance.

  • BP-Web
    edited September 2018


    I also would like to revert to BD218 because of the slow SSL scan in BD2019. Seen with Chrome on two pc's that were forced to upgrade.


    Bitdefender should have tested this version before releasing it :(


  • Since BD2019 I can't see my security camera's in Axis Companion! I also want to go back to 2018

  • Stefan I.
    Stefan I.
    edited October 2018


    18 hours ago, buutske said:



    Since BD2019 I can't see my security camera's in Axis Companion! I also want to go back to 2018



    Hi Buutske,


    We are aware of some security camera providers getting blocked from streaming their livefeeds and have introduced  workaround while this gets globally addressed:


    - open Bitdefender and click on Protection from the side-menu


    - click on Exceptions under the Online Threat Prevention column


    - add the camera IPs as separate entries, one at a time, click Add and then Save.



  • On 9/25/2018 at 3:42 PM, BP-Web said:



    I also would like to revert to BD218 because of the slow SSL scan in BD2019. Seen with Chrome on two pc's that were forced to upgrade.


    Bitdefender should have tested this version before releasing it :(



    Hi /index.php?/profile/204993-bp-web/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204993" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/204993-bp-web/" rel="">@BP-Web


    Please send us some more details about this situation at [email protected] and we'll be glad to assist. 


    Thanks!

  • buutske
    edited October 2018


    On 10/3/2018 at 1:08 PM, Stefan I. said:



    Hi Buutske,


    We are aware of some security camera providers getting blocked from streaming their livefeeds and have introduced  workaround while this gets globally addressed:


    - open Bitdefender and click on Protection from the side-menu


    - click on Exceptions under the Online Threat Prevention column


    - add the camera IPs as separate entries, one at a time, click Add and then Save.



    Already tried this but no camera feed in Axis Companion


    2018-10-08_14-02-45.png

    2018-10-08_14-09-57.png


  • Bitdefender is doing nothing with my  ticket (no: 2018103017470006) dated from 2 november  about the problem with Axis Companion issue. Only 2 emails that says:


    We hope this email finds you well. We wanted to let you know that your request, ticket no: 2018103017460002 is currently being reviewed and you will receive a response as soon as possible.


    and


    Thank you for your patience.

    We hope this email finds you well. We wanted to let you know that your request, ticket no: 2018103017470006 is currently being reviewed and you will receive a response as soon as possible.


     


    Still no Live View on my Axis camera's. All possible ip's excluded in online prevention threats but no result.



  • On 11/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, buutske said:



    Bitdefender is doing nothing with my  ticket (no: 2018103017470006) dated from 2 november  about the problem with Axis Companion issue. Only 2 emails that says:


    We hope this email finds you well. We wanted to let you know that your request, ticket no: 2018103017460002 is currently being reviewed and you will receive a response as soon as possible.


    and


    Thank you for your patience.

    We hope this email finds you well. We wanted to let you know that your request, ticket no: 2018103017470006 is currently being reviewed and you will receive a response as soon as possible.


     


    Still no Live View on my Axis camera's. All possible ip's excluded in online prevention threats but no result.



    This is a known issue, and it has not yet been resolved unfortunately. May I send you a reply to your ticket in English? I see you originally contacted us in a different language.


  • That's ok, thanx


  • =================================================


    Watch Here Live : https://bit.ly/2r90szT


    Watch Here Live : https://bit.ly/2r90szT


    Watch Here Live : https://bit.ly/2r90szT


    Watch Here Live : https://bit.ly/2r90szT


    =============================================


     

    FC Barcelona vs Villareal CF.jpg


  • As my first post and newcomer to Bitdefender Security 2019, I'd like to add to this one, as I seem to have encountered similar IP camera issues. I have a couple of cameras, and the live video for one is accessed via a browser page (Firefox, though I've tried others, same issue)



    Previously when I selected Live View, it was instant, but no longer. It takes about a minute to actually display anything. I've tried all the suggested settings changes and that made no difference. Oddly I thought I'd also tried disabling all protection, unless I missed something, and the problem was still there. If I try another PC with similar setup but no Bitdefender, yet, it works perfectly. The event timing is too coincidental to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.


  • Update on my part, the problem seems to have gone away.

    On a hunch I tried using Online Threat Prevention (Exceptions) to add my IP camera by DNS name (I use NO-IP for remote access to that camera) and it seemed to work without the lag I had noted.



    Then I revisited the exception I thought I had added for its local IP address, which I could swear I'd added. Anyway I removed and re-added, ensuring port number was included and it seems ok now :)


  • Hi Dave, 



    Indeed including the port number is also required at this time for exclusions, as are subdomains.

  • SebastianDI
    edited December 2018


    Guys, go into the circus. This guy asked if its possible to rollback, and you confront him with numbers. WTF. A shame. He is a normal customer. Not deeply inside computation.

Featured content

bitdefender review banner

Romance Fraudster in UK to Spend 2 Years Behind Bars

A serial romance fraudster was sentenced to 28 months in prison for conning several women out of £20,000.

Read more
bitdefender review banner

Europol Shuts Down Hackers’ Favorite VPN Service

Europol earlier this week coordinated joint action to take down VPNLab.net.

Read more
bitdefender review banner

Top Five Security Tips for Mac Users in 2022

In this simple guide, we look at five basic cybersecurity hygiene practices every Mac user should read, and use,in 2022.

Read more