Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Same subnet is a privacy threat?

So I upgraded to Bitdefender Total Security 2019 a few days ago and it all looked fine. Today i tried to log into the gui of my Qnap nas using firefox and I was getting error messages that the supplied credentials were not correct and it would not let me log in. I saw no message from Bitdefender during any of the dozen attempt to log in with various users details. I checked the qnap help pages and forums and there was no issue with the firmware running on it, but thinking it was some issue with the Qnap I had to do the "recover admin password" process. A long process that is still leaving me with permission issues etc.

I tried to log in with chrome and was denied but this time a pop up appeared, the first time it had done so "privacy threat blocked" ..... WTF says I, and sure enough in the notification section Bitdefender has been blocking my password being passed to a webpage on my home network, ethernet private network. It did not do this before obviously. 

Bitdefender, please fix your privacy features, something on the same private subnet should not get treated like some random off network webpage. I've turned it off, I just could not be arsed fecking around with its stupidity any more.

Comments

• +1

Crappy support as well.  I have provided two sets of diagnostics and now they want a third????

• Hi, 

The logs would contain further information related to the issue, that would allow our development team to find a fix, that is why they were requested. Please note that the logs that were requested in the last message, were not the same as the logs that were initially requested. 

I understand that this can be a hassle, and it's up to you if you decide to send the logs or not. 

Note that any fix would involve making sure that exceptions allow the connection, as sending the login credentials unecrypted would still be considered a security threat. 

Thank you for understanding. 

• alokep
    edited April 2019

Exact same thing happened to me today as to the OP.

I too reset my Qnap password etc etc.

All Unnecessary!  BDTS is becoming a real hassle, with Netflix, DishAnywhere and now Qnap problems.