Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2019

Options

I am experiencing delays in updating backups to iCloud, macBook when plugging my iPad mini 3 to MacBook Air through USB/Lightning port.  The ports work fine, the cables have been checked, so no hardware issues.  AppleCare suggested that I use a vetted Apple-approved anti malware software, but I told tech that Bitdefender Total Security 2019 includes malware protection.  Tech suggests that perhaps Bitdefender is creating an issue, and that I turn OFF Bitdefender Shield when I backup to iCloud or to MacBook through iTunes. This seems to be an unnecessary and potentially dangerous suggestion, so I am asking for advice.  I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132). 

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi Dewey,

We haven't received any recent reports on a similar topic, but you can temporarily switch the Shield component off to see if there are any changes. As long as you're only performing the backup while keeping it off theres no real risk to be exposed to due to the way OSX operates.

Let me know if you notice any improvements.

• Dewey.08
    Options

Thank you.  We will try that. Dewey