Rescue Environment questions

I recently installed Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows 10 computer.  I launched Rescue Environment manually, (Protection > Antivirus> Rescue Environment), and here are several questions about the results:

1) The Log File lists as "Not scanned" a large number of files from my OneDrive. Reason: "(item was not found)." Is that normal? And is there a way to scan them?

2) I would like the Rescue Environment to scan my machine for rootkits. But the Log File states: "Scan for Rootkits NO." Does this mean the program is not checking for rootkits?

3) The Log File also states: "Scan registry keys: No"

Scan cookies "No"

Scan boot sectors "No"

Does this indicate a problem? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited August 2019

21 hours ago, Hyman said:

I recently installed Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows 10 computer.  I launched Rescue Environment manually, (Protection > Antivirus> Rescue Environment), and here are several questions about the results:

1) The Log File lists as "Not scanned" a large number of files from my OneDrive. Reason: "(item was not found)." Is that normal? And is there a way to scan them?

2) I would like the Rescue Environment to scan my machine for rootkits. But the Log File states: "Scan for Rootkits NO." Does this mean the program is not checking for rootkits?

3) The Log File also states: "Scan registry keys: No"

Scan cookies "No"

Scan boot sectors "No"

Does this indicate a problem? Many thanks in advance.

Hello Hyman,

The file which were not scanned, in this case OneDrive most likely is not saved locally and it is only a Shortcut .For this reason the file was not scanned. This feature will not scan for rootkits, registry keys, boot sectors since the system is not booted in Windows. 

• Thank you for the information, Roxana. I had been under the impression that Rescue Environment would scan for rootkits. How can I scan for rootkits (as well as registry keys, cookies and boot sectors) using Bitdefender?

• 14 hours ago, Hyman said:

Thank you for the information, Roxana. I had been under the impression that Rescue Environment would scan for rootkits. How can I scan for rootkits (as well as registry keys, cookies and boot sectors) using Bitdefender?

Hello Hyman,

You may perform a System Scan with Bitdefender in order to scan for all from the above.