Integration with Antimalware Scan Interface


This feature was in the 2019 version of BDIS, it was enabled in the main interface settings under the General tab. The 2020 manual says that this facility is still available with the settings in the same place. However, the option:-


Integration with Antimalware Scan Interface


seems to be missing from the General tab on my Windows 10 64bit PC:-


image.thumb.png.c2d83c904eeac438d808bc4d1325e017.png


 

Comments


  • Hello,


    AMSI integration has been removed as it's now offered by default with Windows Defender even when running passively ( eg: with a 3rd party security app installed such as our own)


  • I currently have Windows Defender disabled via the registry, do I need to re-enable it to get this protection then?



  • 14 hours ago, SproutingVeg said:



    I currently have Windows Defender disabled via the registry, do I need to re-enable it to get this protection then?



    Hi,


    At this moment we do not offer support for Amsi and we will take it into consideration. For the moment, if you want to use this option, you need to enable Windows Defender. 


  • That's fine, but to save more queries on this subject, please can you delete it from your user manual for the 2020 version, as that still shows it being in the 2020 version.



  • 22 hours ago, SproutingVeg said:



    That's fine, but to save more queries on this subject, please can you delete it from your user manual for the 2020 version, as that still shows it being in the 2020 version.



    Hello,


    I've sent your request.


    Thank you.

  • DSperber
    DSperber Defender of the month ✭✭✭


    Is anti-malware scanning part of Bitdefender 2020 Total Security?


    In a Win7 (not Win10) environment, Windows Defender is turned OFF (presumably when Bitdefender TS got installed).  I used to have MSE + MBAM, but uninstalled both when installing Bitdefender Total Security.


    So now I'm asking for clarification: where/how is "malware protection" provided with Bitdefender 2020 Total Security, if at all? Same question for both Win7 and Win10 environments. 


    Should I also install MBAM in my Bitdefender TS environment, or is Bitdefender TS sufficient and there's no need (and possibly performance degradation) to have MBAM also installed?

  • DSperber
    DSperber Defender of the month ✭✭✭


    Well, a bit of research looking at another post in the 2019 product forum and I've decided to go ahead and reinstall MBAM, since word is that it coexists peacefully with Bitdefender TS (which does not have the same malware protection). I already had licensed MBAM, so this was just a matter of reinstalling it after just uninstalling it (and MSE) a few hours ago.


    Per recommendation, I have added the EXE programs from MBAM to the Protections -> application exclusions for Bitdefender.


    So now I have both products installed, thus effectively upgrading my previous MSE + MBAM environment to instead now be Bitdefender TS 2020 + MBAM.


    Hopefully all will be quiet, but if a conflict occurs it will be easily and quickly corrected with some other exclusion somewhere.


  • Hello,


    Bitdefender can work with Malwarebytes the free version, with the paid version it is recommended to keep the real time protection disabled on Malwarebytes. As for the Malware protection from Bitdefender you are protected by the following modules: Antivirus(the real time protection) and Advance Threat Defense. These modules are available for both Windows 7 and 10.

  • DSperber
    DSperber Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019


    Why is it recommended to turn off realtime protection with MBAM Premium? 


    I didn't do that, and when I did an update for PotPlayer today (which unfortunately is now ad-sponsored and now includes an offer for installing a worthless 3rd-party product, which CAN be opted-out from as long as you're paying attention during install/upgrade) I was "protected" by MBAM which killed that ad-offering portion of the upgrade while also not preventing the rest of the now ad-offer-free upgrade from completing.  Never even saw that offer screen (with opt-out check box pre-checked so you'd better keep your eyes open) it during the upgrade, but I did see the popup about the event.


    So MBAM actually did completely protect me from this adware offer, seemingly stripping out that step in the upgrade/install dialog, while I never saw anything from Bitdefender.


    So far I see no reason to disable realtime protection in MBAM, unless you can explain why that is suggested.



  • 19 hours ago, DSperber said:



    Why is it recommended to turn off realtime protection with MBAM Premium? 


    I didn't do that, and when I did an update for PotPlayer today (which unfortunately is now ad-sponsored and now includes an offer for installing a worthless 3rd-party product, which CAN be opted-out from as long as you're paying attention during install/upgrade) I was "protected" by MBAM which killed that ad-offering portion of the upgrade while also not preventing the rest of the now ad-offer-free upgrade from completing.  Never even saw that offer screen (with opt-out check box pre-checked so you'd better keep your eyes open) it during the upgrade, but I did see the popup about the event.


    So MBAM actually did completely protect me from this adware offer, seemingly stripping out that step in the upgrade/install dialog, while I never saw anything from Bitdefender.


    So far I see no reason to disable realtime protection in MBAM, unless you can explain why that is suggested.



    Hi,


    Both Bitdefender real time protection and MBAM are using the same resources from your computer creating a conflict which may cause additional issues like slowdown, crashes, etc.


     

  • Adikrishvara
    edited August 2019


    On 7/29/2019 at 7:18 PM, Roxana G said:



    Hi,


    At this moment we do not offer support for Amsi and we will take it into consideration. For the moment, if you want to use this option, you need to enable Windows Defender. 



    I don't quite understand.  Are you saying that we can turn on the real time protection of Windows Defender while running Bitdefender or simply enable the feature of Regular Scan provided by Windows Defender?  

  • Stefan I.
    Stefan I.
    edited August 2019

  • Dear Stefan,


    I know that.  As you noted, Bitdefender doesn't offer support for AMSI.  However, Microsoft still hopes that antivirus companies will incorporate the support for it into their products to strengthen the ability of detecting potential malware.  Therefore, you suggest that, if you want to use this feature, you'll need to enable Windows Defender.  That's why I'm asking if we can have both Bitdefender and Windows Defender running at the same time.