Manage Scans Problems

There must be some issues with Manage Scans.  It seems that you can't manage them.  You had better set a scan up and let it run after installation of BIS.  After I had rescheduled or changed the settings, it stopped working.  Even if you restored the settings to the default values and stared setting something up from the scratch, it no longer works.  The same thing happened in BIS 2019 as well.  I was wondering if there was anyone else encountering the same problem.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide us more details about the situation and the reproducing steps.

• Hello Roxana,

For example, upon installation, you turn on Quick Scan and let it be.  It runs.  Once you reschedule it, it stops working.  Turn it off and then turn it back on.  It no longer scans as scheduled.  No matter how many times I've tried, it's on strike forever.  Likewise, when you create a new scan task for the very first time upon installation, it runs.  After you add or remove the folders or files that are to be scanned, the created scan task ceases to be carried out, putting itself on permanent display.  Even if you deleted it and created a new one, it's on strike forever, too.  Manual scans work normally without any issues.

• Hello,

Please send us an email at the address bitsy@bitdefender.com and include a Support Tool Log:  https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

• Adikrishvara
    edited August 2019

Dear Roxana,

A Support Tool Log can't be created on my system.  I was waiting for more than half an hour.  No log has been produced.  Later, when I retried, I checked Task Mangager.  It revealed that, "Reproducing the issue" being executed, the CPU usage on the part of the programme showed 0%.  I suspect that some of the components of the English version of Bitdefender may be incompatible with the language version of my Windows 10 Professional.  Bitdefender used to offer the language version I'm using, but not anymore.  Owing to my job, I have to stick to the local system.     

• Dear Roxana,

I tried "Confirm Ticket" and a Debug Package was successfully created.  However, though the package must be delivered via the ticket you open by means of this choice, it didn't seem to send out any information of mine to open a ticket.  So far I haven't received any ticket validation emails.  Besides, even if there were a ticket, I don't intend to send the package out to your support team.  I've deleted it.  The reason is that it's obvious that Support Tool is crippled on my system.  It can't create a full Support Tool log on my system.  All you need to do is to investigate and fix the issue.  I've noticed that the current supporttool.exe came with the August 14 update that requires rebooting for file replacement.  Is there a bug in this update or really a minor incompatible issue concerning the language version of the operating system?

• Hi,

Please write an email with the description of the situation and the log generated at the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com.

• Dear Roxana,

Thanks. OK.  I'll write an email with a description of the situation.  But, as for the log, like I mentioned in the previous two mails, Support Tool on my system is crippled.  It can only generate a debug package.  No log can be created.  This is a problem on top of another.  I don't believe a debug package can give you a whole picture.  Looks like a sick support tool can't diagnose precisely its own disease, let alone others.  Well, I'll drop a line first.  Thank you once again. 

• 26 minutes ago, Adikrishvara said:

Dear Roxana,

Thanks. OK.  I'll write an email with a description of the situation.  But, as for the log, like I mentioned in the previous two mails, Support Tool on my system is crippled.  It can only generate a debug package.  No log can be created.  This is a problem on top of another.  I don't believe a debug package can give you a whole picture.  Looks like a sick support tool can't diagnose precisely its own disease, let alone others.  Well, I'll drop a line first.  Thank you once again. 

Hi,

You may try as well to generate the log in Safe Mode. If the log is still not created, we will find another workaround.

• Thanks. Will try that.

• Dear Roxana,

Still doesn't work in the safe mode.  Below you'll find a screenshot

Screenshot.PNG

• 22 hours ago, Adikrishvara said:

Dear Roxana,

Still doesn't work in the safe mode.  Below you'll find a screenshot

Screenshot.PNG

Hi,

Please write us via email and we will take it from there.

• Will do that.  Thanks.

• I had the same problem with 2019 Total Security but the update to 2020 seemed to fix it. But since I reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago scheduled scans haven't worked at all. There's no problem with with manual scans.

• 1 hour ago, seagull said:

I had the same problem with 2019 Total Security but the update to 2020 seemed to fix it. But since I reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago scheduled scans haven't worked at all. There's no problem with with manual scans.

Hello,

The situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

• Thanks so much for the info Roxana!