Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

3 unknown Windows devices on Central?

gaima
edited January 2019 in Central

I have two Andorid devices installed Bitdefender. When I gonna install Bitdefender on my computer,  it can't be activated for "Devices limit reached". Then I found 3 unknown Windows devices on MY SUBSCRIPTIONS. Strangely I cannot find these 3 unknown  devices on MY DEVICES page. How to CANCEL these unknown devices? I want to make sure all devices activated within my authorities.

Comments

• Hi! 

Considering the devices are not showing in "My Devices" this appears to be a bug with your account, rather than someone gaining access and using your subscription seats, nevertheless, we recommend changing your Bitdefender Central account password. 

Also, I've reset the subscription on your account, can you check if you are able to activate it on all your devices now? 

Thank you. 

• HerCokGuzelOlacak
    edited May 2019

Hi,

I have the same problem.. I have 10 device lmit but there are only 7 listed.. Is there any simple way to reset the subscriptions?

Regards

• /index.php?/profile/216663-hercokguzelolacak/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216663" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216663-hercokguzelolacak/" rel="">@HerCokGuzelOlacak Reset done. Let me know if everything is alright on your end now.

We don't currently have a dedicated function that would allow end-users to do this themselves but this is mainly since this behavior occurring is the odd case rather then the norm.

Have a great day ahead!

• subham
    subham ✭✭✭

On 5/21/2019 at 6:04 PM, Stefan I. said:

/index.php?/profile/216663-hercokguzelolacak/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216663" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216663-hercokguzelolacak/" rel="">@HerCokGuzelOlacak Reset done. Let me know if everything is alright on your end now.

We don't currently have a dedicated function that would allow end-users to do this themselves but this is mainly since this behavior occurring is the odd case rather then the norm.

Have a great day ahead!

Hi,I 'm a IT Business owner and Bit defender Silver Partner from India.Invested $3000 or more than Rs.2lacs in Bit defender Total security products.But during activation of my customer's machine I get this case on every alternate email ID of my customers.So please don't say it is an odd case.Don't loose your customers and partners.

I lodge request with Bitdefender India support team to reset the account.But as my local India support cannot reset account from their end,they forward it to Romania support team.The account reset process took around 2-3 days(Even by a BitDefender Partner!). After converted to paid version end user can not use the license for all the devices for 2-3 days.It's a trouble for my customer and customer support team.Bit defender should took this matter seriously to fix it.Generally it occurs at the initial stage of subscription activation.Due to this error first impression of End user customers after payment is not good.Yes we the support guys and bit defender support team solve the issue but not able to solve it instantly as we need Romania support.Which took time and as a result customer start to think we are not reliable.

As India team is not liable for R&D of this software; discussing the problem with them is useless and they show no interest on providing any permanent solution.

Even after resetting the account to zero used license,(Out of 5 or 10) same problem again happens after few days.As previously activated devices when come online they get registered again automatically.(Without any need of Central account re-login on the device)Faulty activated device start to request multiple license again.I suspect the Bitdefender Central software which get installed along with Bit Defender Total security on Windows PC that may trigger some error issue.

I can help you by providing screenshots and example with this matter as I'm from your sales partner team.

My anticipation this thing mainly happens as the one Windows device don't get registered properly under My device,But every time it sense internet try to register itself with a unused subscription remaining out of total number of devices(Like 5 or 10 devices).Hence one faulty activated device used up all/remaining multiple licenses.

(More explanation with screenshot may be shared on private message)

On EUROPE you may not see the huge number of such cases as high bandwidth Optical fiber internet presence.I observed this tends to happen more in India, if user try to activate over Mobile tower based internet,where mobile tower strength has problem and no consistent Internet speed could be delivered.Like Tower hovering from 4G to 3G HSPA or 2G Edge speed time to time(within same minute).

So it is a pain to activate Bit Defender on low speed internet unless this problem is solved or discuss elaborately.

It is not possible to get all the 5 activated devices at the same day on remote assistant as those are used in different places at different time.If I solve one properly on "My Device" list under bit defender Central after account reset another one out of 5 get such issue of not registering it properly on My devices but consuming subscription.

You should provide End user a privilege of self account reset to zero or option to make free remaining subscription or desired number of subscription which are not listed under my devices.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi! 

Considering the devices are not showing in "My Devices" this appears to be a bug with your account, rather than someone gaining access and using your subscription seats, nevertheless, we recommend changing your Bitdefender Central account password. 

Also, I've reset the subscription on your account, can you check if you are able to activate it on all your devices now? 

Thank you. 

Stefan I or Sergiu C. any one interested to look after the matter in private?Let me know by replying.