TrafficLight for Safari No Longer Supported

I'm set up on a Mac and was able to get the TrafficLight extension for Chrome but the Safari extension doesn't load because it says it's no longer supported. Any fix available for this?

Tagged:

Comments

• 1 hour ago, phoenixrise said:

I'm set up on a Mac and was able to get the TrafficLight extension for Chrome but the Safari extension doesn't load because it says it's no longer supported. Any fix available for this?

Hi,

Please let us know what OS you have installed.

• Hi, I'm on Mohave 10.14.5

• 23 hours ago, phoenixrise said:

Hi, I'm on Mohave 10.14.5

Hi,

The situation will be fixed via automatic updates from the product. The TrafficLight extension will be available within the product starting with the new build version.

• Any idea when that might be? I'm just concerned because I want to make sure Safari is covered completely.

• On 9/7/2019 at 1:47 AM, phoenixrise said:

Any idea when that might be? I'm just concerned because I want to make sure Safari is covered completely.

Hello,

Beginning in macOS Mojave, Apple is axing support for third-party extensions in Safari.

Essentially, this is a security measure. That might include offerings on the Safari Extension Gallery or Safari app extensions in the macOS App Store.

In fact, at an unspecified point in the future, Apple will no longer support the Safari Extension Gallery at all.

• Wow, I love all of my Apple products but talk about monopolizing your technology.

• I experience the same: TrafficLight no longer supported, and it does not show up in the window with Safari extensions. What worries me then is that Bitdefender still tells me that Trafficlight is installed. I have enclosed a screen picture.

What to do? 

Skærmbillede 2019-09-22 kl. 18.14.16.png

The situation will be fixed via automatic updates from the product. The TrafficLight extension will be available within the product starting with the new build version.

Any idea when that might be? There is still nu version 2020 for Mac.

• 18 hours ago, Hesselberg said:

I experience the same: TrafficLight no longer supported, and it does not show up in the window with Safari extensions. What worries me then is that Bitdefender still tells me that Trafficlight is installed. I have enclosed a screen picture.

What to do? 

Skærmbillede 2019-09-22 kl. 18.14.16.png

Mine won't even show that much. I've installed additional no-tracking and no ad extensions now because of how crazy it's gotten online. One of my new extensions blocks ads even on YouTube!! I think it's probably best if we use Chrome more for now if you don't have the additional extensions, but I will always be a Safari fan over Chrome.

• Hello,

We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period.

The fact that it displays TrafficLight still installed on Safari, might be just a visual glitch. Meanwhile, you may try using another browsers.

• Hansoll
    Hansoll
    edited October 2019

You should really include Trafficlight or equivalent to your Mac product, as Kaspersky did or Make Adding it by App Store like Norton. I don't like Apple's attitude, but they warned almost two~three years to deprecate the extension gallery, and last one and half, they introduced and promoted Extension installation through App Store. Status quo is good to be hear, but never be default in security. I'll repeat, Kaspersky included extension in there product package and Norton has introduced App Store version this month, and You have no timeframe to re-launch. Clearly you're loosing the race. 

At Windows Platform, I plagued with Safe Search and filtering with 2019 product for whole year and now I'm bugging with Safari. I can't believe this situation. 

• On 10/4/2019 at 9:29 PM, Hansoll said:

You should really include Trafficlight or equivalent to your Mac product, as Kaspersky did or Make Adding it by App Store like Norton. I don't like Apple's attitude, but they warned almost two~three years to deprecate the extension gallery, and last one and half, they introduced and promoted Extension installation through App Store. Status quo is good to be hear, but never be default in security. I'll repeat, Kaspersky included extension in there product package and Norton has introduced App Store version this month, and You have no timeframe to re-launch. Clearly you're loosing the race. 

At Windows Platform, I plagued with Safe Search and filtering with 2019 product for whole year and now I'm bugging with Safari. I can't believe this situation. 

Hi, 

The fix it is released with this new update version. At this moment it is not available for all users. However, soon should be released to all users.

• Yes , it's working again. Thanks to you.

• Perhaps I'm not understanding Roxana's post above, but I was recently able to update to version 8.1.0.16.  However, I am still unable to make Traffic Light work.  When I click "enable extension" in the Web Protection window of Bitdefender, Safari opens its preferences to the Extensions window, but the Traffic Light extension is not present.  So I'm unsure if Roxana means that there will be yet another update beyond 8.1.0.16, or if I am not following the correct steps to obtain/enable the extension.  Could you please clarify?  Thanks very much!!

• 14 hours ago, docbombay said:

Perhaps I'm not understanding Roxana's post above, but I was recently able to update to version 8.1.0.16.  However, I am still unable to make Traffic Light work.  When I click "enable extension" in the Web Protection window of Bitdefender, Safari opens its preferences to the Extensions window, but the Traffic Light extension is not present.  So I'm unsure if Roxana means that there will be yet another update beyond 8.1.0.16, or if I am not following the correct steps to obtain/enable the extension.  Could you please clarify?  Thanks very much!!

Hello,

Please let us know the Safari version and OS version you have installed. Also, please let us know if your system is up to date.

Please check if after a restart the extension is present under Safari's Preferences.

• I have Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, and just updated Safari to 13.0.2 earlier this morning.  My system is up to date as far as I know, although I have not updated to Catalina as yet.  I restarted as advised, but the Traffic Light extension was not present.  I tried the "enable extension" link in the Web Protection window of BD, but the TL extension did not appear in the Safari Preferences Extension window.  I also tried the install Traffic Light link and downloaded the installer, but led to a dead end as the message advised that the extension is no longer supported by Safari.  I would appreciate your input and any other ideas I might try.  Thanks very much!

• Getting very disappointed with Bitdefender. We have this problem with Traffic Light on Macs and that is compounded by a problem with Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS devices. Why are you continuing to push these products when known problems still exist ? I can't use VPN or Web Protection for iOS devices as it stops Viber from working amongst other issues.

• Now I found that Extension for Safari is returned. However I can't believe It still has problem. Every site I visit(except explicitly malicious one) are displayed by icon below. 

1980550900_ScreenShot2019-10-15at2_24_32AM.png.9ce39fd638a0acca265ba41d0b294d8a.png

When Click this icon, I could see this. 

2019204624_ScreenShot2019-10-15at3_18_42AM.thumb.png.a2e527e362fa426927d5ca95919d4808.png

It still broken. 

• Just reporting that my Traffic Light issue is now resolved.  After speaking with Technical Support, I received an email that led to the resolution.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling BD, and could then enable the Traffic Light extension in Safari.  Since my last post, I had also upgraded to Catalina, so there are no apparent compatibility issues.  

• On 10/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, Hansoll said:

Now I found that Extension for Safari is returned. However I can't believe It still has problem. Every site I visit(except explicitly malicious one) are displayed by icon below. 

1980550900_ScreenShot2019-10-15at2_24_32AM.png.9ce39fd638a0acca265ba41d0b294d8a.png

When Click this icon, I could see this. 

2019204624_ScreenShot2019-10-15at3_18_42AM.thumb.png.a2e527e362fa426927d5ca95919d4808.png

It still broken. 

Hi,

Please write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com to further investigate.

• Blighty
    edited October 2019

Just updated Bitdefender and restarted and clicked on the Traffic Light recommendation for Macs as suggested in the MainWindow for Bitdefender. That took me to a blank Safari Extension page. There is nothing on that page so what am I suppose to do now ?

• Hello,

• 20 hours ago, Anisoara S. said:

Hello,

Done as suggested.

• I just installed Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. I see "enable extension" link next to Safari under TrafficLight in the Web Protection box, but the link appears to be broken. Does Bitdefender support Safari extension in TrafficLIght?

My MacBook Pro is running macOS Catalina 10.15.4.

Thank you.

• I have the same problem, I am using Catalina (macOS 10.15.6) with Antivirus for Mac (8.2.1.15) and the link to activate TrafficLight is broken, it does nothing. What is the solution to this situation? Thanks

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Particles, @brosenz

Generate bitdefender logs for mac : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11198/

Drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query and also attach the generated logs.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)