confused with vulnerability scan results

corneredcat
edited December 2017 in Bitdefender box

i installed BD total security 2018 on my windows 10 laptop today.  a few days ago i installed BBox v1.  so...i ran the vulnerability scan and get results saying i am connected to an unsafe wifi network!!!  BD's own box is "unsafe???"  what do i do about this?  

i also have a few other issues with the mobile app on iphone....one is i am unable to install the "small applet" or what ever it is called. i've tried numerous times disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi and each time it gives me the option to "join" but clicking on it does nothing.

another issue is Box Central Protection under activity tab will not refresh..."an error occured while retrieving the data. pull down to refresh"....does nothing but give me error message.

any help would be appreciated

IMG_1033.JPG

ok now for some reason i just lost wifi connection on windows laptop.  screen shot attached

IMG_1037.JPG

Comments

• reboot solved the no connection issue....pls disregard the 2nd screen cap above

• so someone MOVED my post.....BUT didn't respond???????  

can i change the password on the Box???  

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, did you install BOX 1 as a standalone router or a a network companion attached to an existing router? 

1. If you install BOX 1 as a standalone router, you simply have to go to Settings in the BOX app >>> Network and there you will have the option to change the password.

2. If you installed BOX  as a network companion, in order to make your network safe, you simply have to change the password of your router's WIFi.

• thank you much...i will try this and get back if i run into any issues

• On 12/22/2017 at 10:10 AM, corneredcat said:

so someone MOVED my post.....BUT didn't respond???????  

can i change the password on the Box???  

i have had this happen also :( at least it wasn't deleted like i had happen for not knowing where exactly to post something

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hello,

If the password is not strong enough, I recommend changing it by following the steps below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/16070/

• This was helpful! Thanks

On 10/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, Michael Bitdefender BOX said:

Hello,

If the password is not strong enough, I recommend changing it by following the steps below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/16070/