Opera start page problem / slowdown with Bitdefender 24.0.9.52

komtur
komtur ✭✭
edited October 2019 in General

After the latest update Opera and Total Security loading of Opera start page has slowed down considerably. The problem is related to the "Online threat prevention > Settings > Web attack prevention" option. Disabling this option helps, but it's rather a bad solution...

Comments

• Hello,

Please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com with the details above and the following information:

- how is this situation happening more precisely (maybe with a video showing this)

- the version of Opera

- what start page do you have. Speed dial?

- what extensions do you have.

Thank you!

• A more detailed description was sent by e-mail.

Thanks!

• On 10/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, komtur said:

A more detailed description was sent by e-mail.

Thanks!

Hi,

Please provide us the ticket ID.

• komtur
    komtur ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I have done a report on our another computer (the same problem with Opera).

Ticket number is 2019101916140002.

The problem occurs only on computers where Total Security is installed. Computers with other antivirus software do not have this problem.

This is strange at all, because changing the "Web attack prevention" setting is no longer helpful. Opera displays tiles with a delay simply when Total Security is installed and working... :huh:

• 18 hours ago, komtur said:

I have done a report on our another computer (the same problem with Opera).

Ticket number is 2019101916140002.

The problem occurs only on computers where Total Security is installed. Computers with other antivirus software do not have this problem.

This is strange at all, because changing the "Web attack prevention" setting is no longer helpful. Opera displays tiles with a delay simply when Total Security is installed and working... :huh:

Hi,

I noticed that a colleague is taking care of your case. The communication will continue via email with my colleague.

• That's right, I'm looking forward to the results. ;) The problem is not particularly serious, but it is still a bit irritating... This is especially true because the same problem has already existed in the past and has been fixed. I don't remember if it "solved itself" because something was changed in Opera or it was solved on the side of Bitdefender.  Anyway, now it has appeared again.

• Topic locked. Case will be handled via email.

This discussion has been closed.