Cannot enable Ransomware Remediation

Hi,

I have just installed Bitdefender Total Security 2020 but am unable to enable the Ransomware Remediation. Enable button on Recommendation box greyed out and in Protection module box

neither can I access settings. Any advice/solution welcome.

Bitdefender 2020 RR.PNG

Comments

• On 8/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, Anxious Al said:

Hi,

I have just installed Bitdefender Total Security 2020 but am unable to enable the Ransomware Remediation. Enable button on Recommendation box greyed out and in Protection module box

neither can I access settings. Any advice/solution welcome.

Bitdefender 2020 RR.PNG

Hello Anxious Al,

Please let me know if you are logged in into Windows with an Admin account.

• Kobac
    Kobac ✭✭
    edited December 2019

I have the same issue. I just installed Total Security 2010 on my new Win 10 Pro PC and am running as a Standard User. The installation program for TS did ask for the admin password several times during the install, which I provided each time.

On my old Win 7 Home PC my user account had admin powers and I did not have that issue.

• Should read 'Total Security 2020', not 2010.

I am also not able to toggle Safe Files andCapture.PNG.ebe695ddd992512ddc91b0420a338dcd.PNG Advanced Threat Defense as well as Bitdefender Shield.

Capture2.PNG

• Should read 'Total Security 2020', not 2010.

I am also not able to toggle Safe Files andCapture.PNG.ebe695ddd992512ddc91b0420a338dcd.PNG Advanced Threat Defense as well as Bitdefender Shield.

• Sorry for the double post earlier.

I did go to Control Panel and uninstalled and then reinstalled from an admin account. I was then able to enable Ransomware Remediation from my Standard account. I still cannot change the other settings from the Standard account, but maybe that's by design. I'm a newbie when it comes to using a Standard account. :P

• Hello /index.php?/profile/12703-kobac/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12703" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12703-kobac/" rel="">@Kobac,

Glad to hear you got it solved. You can enable/disable any setting while using a standard account by right-clicking the Bitdefender shortcut > Click Run as administrator.

• Thank you, Alex, and thanks for the tip about right-clicking the BD shortcut. I first tried right-clicking on the BD icon in the Windows Notification Area, but that didn't work. I had to click on the BD shortcut on my Desktop to make it work.

• Hi Kobac,

Just catching up with this thread ( Had it ticked as 'following' ). I still have Ransomware Remediation greyed out. I think I tried uninstalling.

However I am also running Malwarebytes Premium which also has a Ransomware option that is active and working. There maybe a conflict with Bitdefender ransomware.

I forgot to cancel my Malwarebytes sub so reluctant to disable MBAM. Will probably do so next time and just use the free version . Other than the ransomware the two seem to run together OK.

I also have other greyed out icons like Firewall but it is ticked and is working.1842216183_Bitdefender12_12_19.PNG.67cb0c5d4bb42f50eedc6d9c95a84981.PNG

• Hello /index.php?/profile/214444-anxious-al/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214444" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214444-anxious-al/" rel="">@Anxious Al,

We cannot guarantee full compatibility with Malwarebytes' Premium real time protection modules. You can still keep it, however, we advise you to disable any real time protection modules.

Also, running Bitdefender as an administrator by right-clicking the desktop shortcut still doesn't allow you to modify these settings?

• Hello,

I am having the same issue, can't active Bitdefender Ransomware Remediation (after windows recovery).

Web protections seems to be not working as well.

Everything else working fine.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling which didn't help.

Any solution??