Need to locate activation code

Gerbear
Gerbear
edited February 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

I have a laptop I purchased in 2018 that I want to give to my daughter for school work but need to update the Bitdefender program on it. It has an older version of Bitdefender on it, 2018 version.

I purchased and installed the 2020 version on a different/newer laptop. The license is for five devices with 220 days remaining on my subscription. Currently, only one device is covered with the 2020 version. I want to find the activation code for the 2020 version so I can update the laptop with the 2018 version. Where do I find the activation code for the 2020 version?

I logged into Bitdefender central, (I do have an account) clicked on My Subscriptions, but do not know where to locate the activation code. See the attached image for account info under My Subscriptions.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Gerry

Best Answer

Answers

• I need to re-install my Bitdefender Total Security but cannot locate the activation code. Please advise where this can be found please.

Thank you.

• Am cumparat BITDEFENDER pentru 5 dispozitive pe 26 martie a.c. si nu mi s-a transmis codul de activare !

• Do you need the activation code to reinstall it? Try installing it again from Bitdefender CENTRAL.

Simon

• @kes32 did you get an answer to this? I had to uninstall to upgrade windows and not that I re-installed it's asking for my activation code. Where can I find it.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Isn't the Activation Code sent to your registered eMail Address?

• Gerbear
    Gerbear
    edited April 2020

I checked my email messages and could not locate the activation code which was sent to me by the seller. I had upgraded by 2019 version to 2020 and the instructions sent by the seller had me update using a username and password they set up. It was done by logging on to Bitdefender Central and going through the My Subscriptions option on that page. Sorry that I don't have the code. That is why I am trying to ask questions about how to locate the code either somewhere on the Bitdefender dashboard or on Bitdefender Central.

What follows are the instructions I was given in the email message by the seller. I have not included my username and password information (login credentials) the seller had included in the email message for security reasons.

(Email message starts here)

Go to https://central.bitdefender.com and signin using above login credentials.

You can Check the product validity under "My Subscription" tab. Change email address & password once you logged in successfully. If you already installed bitdefender latest version, kindly follow below instructions to get it activated.

Turn on your pc and open "Bitdefender Dashboard" by double clicking the bitdefender icon located in your task bar. Select "My Account" tab and there is an option "Switch Account" at the top of right hand side corner. Just click it. It will take you to Bitdefender login page and enter the login credentials i sent to you.

That's all. Check your validity now.

If you have problem in installation or registration, please follow the below link for solution.

*removed unsecure link*

• Alex D,

Thanks for the information. If the second laptop, the one I want to update from Bitdefender 2018 to Bitdefender 2020 already has the program/software loaded on it, is it necessary to remove the 2018 version and reinstall the 2020 version?

When I updated the newest computer from version 2019 to version 2020 I did not have to remove the 2019 version and was given the following instructions from the seller of the software for version 2020:

Turn on your pc and open "Bitdefender Dashboard" by double clicking the bitdefender icon located in your task bar.

Select "My Account" tab and there is an option "Switch Account" at the top of right hand side corner. Just click it. 

It will take you to Bitdefender login page and enter the login credentials I sent to you.

I just want to be clear about whether I should uninstall the 2018 version. If so, I will just follow your instructions.

Much appreciated for your help,

Gerry