Advance Threat defense when enabled slows down launch of files and file explorer to a large degree

mohammedtaherpatla
edited October 2019 in General

Hi,

I have just started to to notice that launching file explorer takes ages(5-15sec) compared to less than a sec before. It is present for all application folders. I was playing around with my Total Security and When i disable the Advance Threat Detection that is when i noticed that my file explorer launch became so snappy, thus making me conclude this is whats causing the bug(or slowing down my folder launches).  

Comments

• Hi,

Please let us know if you notice any change when you keep Advance Threat Defense enabled, but you disable only Exploit detection from this module's settings.

• Quick question why cant you manage Exceptions for this feature?

It gives you the option....but when you go to add a exception its grayed out (not selectable)

• I do the odd bit of bug hunting, and some of my tools get flagged as Trojans from time to time.

Also some of my programs (in this case Nexus Mod Manager) that are very large (roughly 150 GB) contain several dozen zip files...I make mods for a few games (Skyrim, Fallout NV, Fallout 4)....Bitdefender wants to scan the living crap out of these files every time I start it up...Even With a SSD it still takes up to ten minuets for Bitdefender to complete its scan. What I is way to "say DOWN ROVER!" or in other words a way to get it to stand down with that file folder, but not take down the entire security feature for the entire computer

• So.... when is this getting fixed?

With "Advanced Threat Defense" enabled, using ffmpeg to export video frames from a video into image files slows everything down DRASTICALLY. A job which usually takes 30 seconds (without this feature) takes 5-10 minutes with it enabled. And I can't even exclude this folder from being checked.

pls fix immediately.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Advanced Threat Defense exclusion are currently working fine without any obstruction. I guess you are following the correct procedure as stated in below link for bitdefender version 2021.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2393/

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• This is obvious, though there should be a tooltip in the software or something to that effect which explains the usage (that it only watches/impacts EXE files). Regardless, there should be the capability to wildcard whitelist an entire directory - ignoring all executables therein. For software developers, and other similar roles, this type of feature is absolutely necessary.