If i formatted my pc, can i get back my antivirus?

Hello,

I have purchased bitdefender antivirus plus, i have installed it on my computer but i had to reinstalled my windows and now i can't get another key activation for the antivirus because i already used it once. In my account it says that the antivirus is installed on this computer.. but once i formatted the pc, it was deleted. Can i do something to reinstall it ?

Answers

• I would want to see others opinion.

however, if you download the same product, and run it again, use the same email and license it should work on same machine.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi There,

Try first removing the previous device from central account since you had one key for one device.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

Then reinstall the product from central account on your same device.

This should help.

If you are still facing any issue, contact support at : https://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Note due to covid19 , replies may be late.

If this helps, kindly click on agree.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Bughunter47
    edited May 2020

Yes you can, just reinstall Bitdefender as if it where for the first time, and your good to go, also you can remove the old "system" from Central (its a ghost).

To install it, all you need to do is login to central and install protection (download) and install, only after it is installed will it ask you activate it. You do this by logging in with your central account; if your limited to one device you will be made aware of it. In such a case, just hop on central and remove your old device (don't worry your wallets wont be lost), and try again that will free up your single device licence.

I have done this several dozen times, as a CompTIA computer technician.